Microsoft is over at the gamescom event and showing off some of their smaller titles. You know, those titles like Halo: Reach and Fable III. Small titles. Also showing off it's line-up is the Kinect. Microsoft felt that since they are at a European event and they had the Kinect there, they might as well announce when you can purchase it.
November 10th, 2010.
Games shown off for the Kinect were Kinect Sports (Football, Javelin, Long Jump, and Discus games all made an appearance), Kinect Adventures, Kinect Joyride, and Dance Central.
The Kinect will launch in Europe with 15 launch titles.
Some games that have been announced:
* Kinect Sports - A mini-game focused game like Wii Sports. Game modes that have been revealed so far football (soccer), bowling, javelin, long jump, discus, volleyball, table tennis, boxing, and "other track and field events."
* Joy Ride - This is the long awaited avatar kart racing game. Drive across three worlds and sixten different courses. Game modes include stunt and dash, co-op, race, and co-pilot.
* Kinect Adventures - This involves using the whole body to strike in different poses and to navigate obstacles across various landscapes. Adventures mentioned at gamescon were the Space Adventure and Yeti Living Statue Challenge. Microsoft says the game will come with 20 different adventures across four difficulty levels.
* Kinectimales - Microsoft's much cuter version of Nintendogs. Oh, it isn't just limited to dogs and cats either. Allegedly there are some multiplayer and co-op challenges involving your animal and other players as well.
* Dance Central - MTV's full-body dance game that choreographs more than 650 dance moves (including the lawnmower man!) and 90 different dance routines coming from professional choreographers. At gamescom, eleven tracks were announced:
o Basement Jaxx – “Rendez-Vu”
o Benny Benassi – “Satisfaction”
o Cascada – “Evacuate the Dancefloor”
o Fannypack – “Hey Mami”
o Kool & The Gang – “Jungle Boogie”
o Kylie Minogue – “Can’t Get You Out of My Head”
o Nelly Furtado – “Maneater”
o Nina Sky – “Move Ya Body”
o Pitbull – “I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)
o Rihanna – “Pon de Replay”
o Technotronic – “Pump Up the Jam”
* Your Shape: Fitness Evolve - Coming from Ubisoft, this fitness game will allow you to interact with virtual environments, instead of their real life counterparts. Safer that way, you know? The game includes a personal (virtual) trainer, yoga instructor (again virtual), and martial arts master (virtual, but he could kick your ass anyways).
* Sonic Free Riders - Become your favorite Sonic character (that probably means Knuckles) and take on various race challenges across various modes of transportation (including hoverboards and bikes).