The first free content update has been unleashed for EA's fighting title, EA SPORTS UFC
, along with a screen and new trailer showcasing content included in the update.
Three new fighters will be available to get to grips with in the new update. From left to right in the screen above, we have:
• Takeya Mizugaki – Bantamweight Division
• TJ Dillashaw – Bantamweight Champion
• Tyron Woodley – Welterweight Division
Witness each of these newly introduced fighters in action in the following trailer as well as some of the features within the update:
Included in the gameplay updates will be the ability to (or not to) touch gloves at the beginning of a match, deliver extra blows during a knockout, changes to how stamina depletes, and plenty more. Check out the list to see exactly what's changed:
• Touch Gloves: Users will now have the ability to manually make their fighter touch gloves (or choose not to touch gloves) before beginning to fight by pressing L2 on PS4 or LT on Xbox One. This can be done at the start of every round, or anytime the ref stands the fighters up.
• Finish the Fight: During a knockout, the attacking fighter can jump on their downed opponent and “finish the fight” by delivering extra strikes as the knockout occurs.
• Sprawls: The defending fighter now sprawls when successfully defending against a power takedown.
• Clinch Break from the Cage: Fighters now have the ability to break out of a clinch when pressed against the fence by pressing the L3 button.
• Power Takedowns and Sweeps: Power takedowns and side control sweeps have been removed from fighters who would not normally have them.
• Stamina: Stamina no longer regenerates if the user holds block. The user will also take a larger stamina penalty if hit while weak blocking.
• Sweep Defense: The dominant fighter in the Full Guard position now has a larger window to reverse the Full Guard sweep to Mount.
The free content update is available to download for EA Sports UFC
on the Xbox One, right now.