Earlier this month, we detailed some of the features
that Xbox One owners could expect to receive as part of this month's title update. Well, that title update is starting to roll out across the world and, with it, comes a final list of the features that will be included in the patch. Here is the list:
• Mobile purchase: One of the most requested features on Xbox Feedback. Using Xbox SmartGlass or on Xbox.com, you can remotely purchase games and Add-on content. No more waiting to begin downloading when you get home – if your console is set to automatically take updates, your console will begin downloading your purchase.
• Activity feed updates: We’re adding new ways for you to interact with friends in the activity feed. The interface will change to a single column scrolling list that is longer and includes more content. We’ll add the ability to post text to your feed, and to “like” and comment on feed items. You can share game clips and anything else in the feed with friends either publically (to your activity feed) or privately (as an attachment to a message). You’ll also be notified when anyone likes, comments on or shares your items. Each user will get a personal feed on their profile, so you can see what specific friends have been up to. And, with SmartGlass, you can see what your friends have shared to their activity feed and “like” specific posts (additional activity feed support coming in future SmartGlass updates).
• Low battery notification: You asked for it, now a notification will pop up when your controller battery is getting low.
• Disable notifications during video: Adding the ability to turn off notifications based feedback we heard from you.
• Enabling 3D Blu-ray: An update to the Blu-ray player app will enable 3D Blu-ray functionality on Xbox One.
• Last seen time in Friends list: Direct from Xbox Feedback, the friends list will now show how long it’s been since a friend has been online. For example, “Last seen 20m ago: Forza Motorsport 5.”
If there are still things that you would like to see on your Xbox One console, don't forget to head over to the Xbox Feedback
site to add your suggestion to the list of ideas that has already been put forward by the eager Xbox community.
The console update is already available in some regions and should be available to all within a few days.