There's much kicking and punching fresh from Marvel vs. Capom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
available on the internet tubes. That's quite a title, I may have to pull a Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
and shorten it to 'MVC3FOTW' though that's still a beast of an acronym.
Anyway, the latest gameplay trailers show a 3 vs. 3 spectacle taking place with some famous faces involved in the fracas. Ironman features in the first video (and get's his ass handed to him as well I might add), but see if you can name them all.
The videos are hastily tagged with a memo informing us that we shouldn't expect them to be entirely indicative of the final product seeing as it won't be on general release until 2011. However, when it is available in stores worldwide, we can expect the following goodies (as a quick recap):
• Innovative graphics and gameplay bring the Marvel and Capcom Universes to life: Powered by an advanced version of MT Framework, the engine used in Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 brings beautiful backgrounds and character animations to the forefront.
- Evolved VS. Fighting System: Wild over-the-top gameplay complete with signature aerial combos, hyper combos and other original systems. The evolved new battle system, the “Team Aerial Combo,” takes the exciting mind-reading game to a whole new level!
- 3-on-3 Tag Team Fighting: Players build their own perfect team by assigning unique “Assist Attacks” for each character and utilize each character’s special moves to create their own unique fighting style.
- Living Comic Book Art Style: See the most adored characters from the Capcom and Marvel universes brought to life in a “moving comic” style, blurring the boundaries between 2D and 3D graphics.
- New Characters: Popular returning characters include Ryu, Wolverine, Morrigan, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Felicia, Chun-Li, and Doctor Doom. Viewtiful Joe will make his debut in the Marvel vs. Capcom franchise. New characters joining the playable cast for the first time in fighting game history include Chris Redfield, Thor, Trish, Super-Skrull, Amaterasu, Dormammu, Marvel’s popular loudmouth assassin Deadpool and Capcom’s wisecracking demon hunter Dante!
So, without further ado, here's your first look at that 3-on-3 tag team system they talk about.