As Respawn's smash hit shooter, Titanfall
continues to parkour its way across Xbox platforms, the devs back at the home office continue to fine tune the experience and add more to their fast-paced fragfest. Today, they've released details on the game's sixth update.
To kick things off, Game Update Six will feature a new "Featured Game Mode", "Pilot Skirmish":
Pilot Skirmish is an 8v8 mode with no AI and no Titans. Due to the difference in player sizes with the rest of the game modes, Pilot Skirmish will not be among the game modes played when choosing Variety Pack playlist.
Next, they announced the last "Featured Game Mode", "Marked for Death", will be added as a permanent option, be given its own playlist, and custom loadout options.
Three colorblind modes have been added to assist gamers who have either protanopia, deuteranopia, or tritanopia type colorblindness. These modes will impact things such as IFF glows, crosshair colors, and names above heads.
An update to the Black Market allows for the purchasing of individual Burn Cards from a limited and constantly changing stock. Each card will be in "short supply" and prices may vary.
A new burn card called "Roll the Dice" is being added. It is an ultra-rare card that allows for the ability to tap into one's entire deck from inside a match.
A Burn Card Auto Fill option is being added so that you'll never have to go into a match without Burn Cards, if you so choose.
Finally, joining games late will no longer be penalized. If you're added to a match that is more than half way over and your team is losing, the loss will not be counted towards your record. Players added into the winning side WILL be credited with a win. Respawn has also added a warning message noting that you'll receive a loss on your record by leaving a match in progress.
We also have an extensive list of other changes:
IMPROVEMENTS AND OPTIMIZATIONS
FX Optimizations - Optimizing effects processing and moving more effects rendering work onto additional CPU cores is a good thing. So we did that.
Matchmaking - Faster searching, improved team balancing, increasing the likelihood of being in full games, and drastically lowering the chance of having lopsided (e.g. 6v3) matches.
* The score is now shown in the center of the screen at the end of each Last Titan Standing round.
* New HUD Icons for team Titan counts and players using Burn Cards have been added. Last Titan Standing now shows the number of Pilots left alive on each team.
* New voiceover for Round Won and Round Lost events as well as noting whether the gap between the teams’ scores is increasing or decreasing.
* Titans no longer show up on the minimap when they dash.
* Atlas and Stryder melee damage values have been switched to mirror their original design intent. The Titan melee damage order is now: Stryder, Atlas, Ogre from least to most. This is also consistent with the hierarchy of damage for the Big Punch mod.
* To stem the influx of Burn Cards at higher levels, the Bonus XP-to-Credits conversion rate for max level players has been adjusted.
* As part of the pan-galactic stimulus package, credits for selling rare Burn Cards have been increased from 200 to 400.
BUG FIXES (All Platforms)
* For the Black Market we slightly reduced the chance to get rare cards in the Standard Pack, and increased the number of rare cards in the Premium Pack from 4 to 5.
* The Auto-Titan vortex effect should no longer orient incorrectly.
* Fixed the shotgun, vortex fireback, and arc cannon bypassing Titan shields when used against a Pilot doing a friendly rodeo.
* The map Export no longer contains areas where you can shoot through covered windows.
* Grenades should now be better at predicting their movement at high frame rates.
* Fixed a rare crash bug on Demeter in Campaign mode.
BUG FIXES (Xbox One)
* Fixed issue where a user couldn't sign in to Titanfall if there is a second account on the system which has access to Titanfall DLC content which the first user doesn't.
* Fixed incorrect leave game dialog behavior when in a party.
* Connecting a SmartGlass device to the X1 while Titanfall is running should no longer cause a crash.
* You should no longer be able to get behind walls when rodeoing a Titan that is ejecting on Relic.
* Titan OS no longer says that you are being attacked by an Enemy Pilot when you are inside an enemy Dome Shield.
As a teaser for things to come, Respawn says that they'll soon be adding more new game modes soon including "Wingman Last Titan Standing".
Game Update Six for Titanfall
will begin rolling out soon.