The upcoming role-playing title, Costume Quest 2
, is under development by Double Fine Productions
and will be the team's first sequel to Costume Quest
. Midnight City, the indie label of Majesco Entertainment Company ("an innovative provider of games for the mass market") will be publishing the upcoming sequel.
Tim Schafer, Creative Director of Double Fine Productions, has finally figured out what it was he needed after feeling like something was missing every time Halloween rolled around:
For the last couple of years, whenever Halloween came around, I felt like something was missing. No matter how many pumpkins I carved, apples I bobbed, or candy I ate, it just couldn't fill the big spooky hole inside of me. But then I realized what was missing: I needed more Costume Quest. And also, I really wanted a T-Shirt with glowing skulls on it.
With a fan base of all ages, Double Fine hope that gamers will be able to re-capture their youth and enjoy another sweet, teeth-decaying, adventure to save Halloween. Check out the list of new features that will be sure to keep players well familiarized with the dentist:
• Adventure through time across three new environments set before, during and after the demise of Halloween
• Collect all new costumes with unique abilities that aid exploration and transform during combat. Harness the audible assault that is Clown’s Squeaky Horn, reveal what lurks in the shadows with the Wizard’s Sparklers, and more!
• Advanced Creepy Treat Cards expand battle decks and boost combat tactics
• Faster, improved combat with new candy counter attacks allow for more strategic, in-depth battles
• Quench your thirst and recharge between battles at the local water fountains
• Imaginative storyline picks up where the first game’s Grubbins on Ice DLC plot left off
• Interact with new, night-crawling
A new set of screens have been released showcasing the fun to be had within Costume Quest 2
as the game's protagonist dress up in different costumes, discover killer clowns, and hope to save their siblings.
We also have a couple of pieces of concept art for you to enjoy. The first piece is the design art of the game's map, and the second showcases a deadly and fearful clown in its first stages of coming to a colourful complete life in game:
Finally, the last piece of sticky sugary goodness comes in video form thanks to this new gameplay trailer fresh from this year's PAX event. The trailer showcases an array of different characters as the game's main characters, Reynold and Wren, are dressed to impress and hopefully save the night.
Costume Quest 2
will be making its way onto the Xbox One and XBLA this October.