Insomniac Games' successful sandox title Sunset Overdrive
has been out for just over a month now. With a very firm 4.6/5 star rating from the TA community, and a 4.5 from the newshounds own ArmaggedonPSA
in the official site review
, it's very safe to say that Sunset Overdrive
is doing pretty well. However, the game unfortunately has a few issues that the game developers are thankfully looking to fix in the title's first patch.
We do have the full list of fixes to come in the patch, but Insomniac Games have also released a sweet screen and video to accompany the details. Who better to entertain us and make the news of a patch just that little bit more interesting? Sunset TV's host Brandon Winfrey of course! Check out the video for an overview of the patch:
Check out the full list of fixes included in the patch and be sure to post any issues you may still be having with the game on the teams Sunset Overdrive Forum
, Troubleshooting Forum
, and/or Twitter
• Fixed an issue where ammo on all equipped weapons would reset to its level 1 count when using Fast Travel.
• Fixed an issue where the player could lose ability to see Leaderboards scores in the pause menu.
• Fixed issue where scrolling through Leaderboards sometimes caused game to crash to dashboard. (Gamer pics have been disabled in Leaderboards.)
• Fixed a potential crash when replaying the “Amptastic!” mission and leaving the mission area.
• Fixed a potential progression stopper in the “A Way Out” mission.
• Fixed an issue when replaying a Night Defense mission where collectibles that were required the first time you played the mission are taken again.
• Fixed an issue where the player can kill the boss in one shot during the “This Ends Here” mission.
• Fixed an issue where the player can defeat the boss before the final phase during the “This Ends Here” mission.
• Fixed a potential progression stopper that could happen if the player kills the second wave of Scabs before the Fargarthians arrive during the “Tastes Like Chicken” mission.
• Fixed an issue where the quest would not be completed if the user fast travels after raising the last flag during the “Take Back the Streets” quest.
• Fixed an issue where the player would be unable to use weapons or place traps in “The Firework Show” quest.
• Fixed an issue where the cars and vending machines would become indestructible in the “Garage Chaos” quest.
• Fixed an issue where progression could be blocked if the player dies while defending the boat in the “One Man is an Island” quest.
• Fixed an issue where players could potentially get stuck on the back of the truck during the “Boat Upgrade” quest.
• Fixed a potential progression stopper during the “Hardcore!” mission.
• Fixed a potential progression stopper that could occur if the player leaves the playable area in “The Most Epic Quest for EXP” quest.
• Fixed an issue where the player could potentially be unable to place “Siegfried the Great” traps during “The Most Epic Quest for EXP” quest.
• Fixed an issue where the Rager was not acquiring EXP during the Bucky challenges.
• Fixed an issue where the player would be able to join Chaos Squad without unlocking it when invited as an inactive profile.
• Fixed an issue where players could potentially end up stuck on the loading screen after leaving Chaos Squad using the Game Party menu.
• Fixed an issue where supply drops would stutter when falling during the “Supply Drop” mission.
• Fixed an issue where players would lose control of their character if they joined a Chaos Squad game while viewing binoculars.
• Fixed an issue where players would be unable to use matchmaking for a couple minutes after leaving a Chaos Squad game.
• Fixed an issue where level 1 versions of AMPs would re-appear in the Amp store with Floyd when the player unlocked an AMP upgrade in Chaos Squad.
• Fixed a potential Chaos Squad server crash in the “Harbor District”
• Fixed a potential issue where the “Failed to find a game: Timed Out” message could become stuck on screen.
• Fixed an issue in Chaos Squad where weapons that are boosted from a spinner reward will have the “NEW” tag in the AMPs section of the Character Page.
• Fixed an issue where the players hoodie sweatshirt could cause the hair to be removed in game on the player.
• Fixed an issue where the cheerleader skirt could disappear on the player after completing the “Bad Medicine” mission.
• Fixed an issue where the “NEW” tag could re-appear on items when viewing vanity items with Calista.
The patch for Sunset Overdrive
is live right now.