Supply Drops in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
are undoubtedly one of the more addictive parts of the multiplayer experience. It's the first time that Call of Duty
has really delved this much into player customization, and so far the results seem to be providing good variety among players. While many times you may not get gear that you'll be completely mind-blown about, there is always that chance you'll wind up with one of the Elite pieces that may not be so common.
As part of the new update on the Xbox One side of things, Sledgehammer has introduced Supply Drop Daily Challenges, which will give players an extra opportunity per day to try and snag some gear. Each day, a new challenge will become available for players to complete, which will award an XP bonus and a Supply Drop, or even a rare piece of gear from the exclusive KVA Recon Character set.
These challenges can be viewed either when going to find a match, or through the Challenges menu. Players will be given a variety of different tasks to complete, ranging from completing different game mode objectives to earning a certain amount of kills, etc. For example, my challenge for today was to return a flag in a game of CTF. After doing so, I received 2,000 XP and a Supply Drop that contained a custom Lynx sniper rifle. While it may not be the flashiest gear to have gained, every day is a new opportunity, especially to try and earn the pieces of the new KVA gear set, which is exclusive to the daily challenges. I have my eyes on the Exo Suit personally.
Alongside the daily challenges, the update contains improvements for several other aspects of the multiplayer experience.
- Fixed unlocking issues with the AE4 for Digital Edition owners that own Season Pass. (Xbox only)
- Matchmaking improvements.
- Connectivity improvements.
- Removed skull HUD element from System Hack Scorestreak UI effect.
- Adjusted the score value the System Hack Scorestreak.
- Increased the timing between kills to count Multikills.
- Addressed rare issue where CTF flag was not being returned immediately.
- Fixed rare crash issue when switching profiles.
- Adjusted the time limit expiration for Red Baron gear after challenge has been completed.
- Fixed various out of map exploits.
Security and Anti-Cheat Updates:
- Updated Security features.
- Updated base AE4 icon as it was displaying the AE4 Widowmaker weapon.
- Updated Playlist Menu.
- Fixed issues with localization copy in the in-game store.
- Updated sorting of Character Gear within Customization menu.
- Added new Supply Drop Daily Challenges.
- Fixed an issue where Clan Wars Bonus XP was not being awarded.
Broadcaster UI Updates:
- Addressed rare issue with eSports Broadcaster HUD disappearing.
Ranked Play Updates:
- Addressed issue where Join Session in progress in Ranked Play was still active.
- Addressed issue where players where dropping multiple divisions after a match in Ranked Play.
- Addressed rare issue with wins counting as losses in Ranked Play.