Yet again that time has come where we're looking for more people to join our news team here on TA. We need people who would like to devote their time to helping us get all of the Xbox related news and information onto the front page in a timely manner. You'll get to see your name on the front page of TA and in our Xbox One app, although you can choose to write under an appropriate pseudonym if you prefer. If you are successful, some of your articles will also be posted on the TrueTrophies
front page, so you will need to set up an account over there if you do not have one already. Of course, this profile doesn't need to be active, so don't feel like you must own a Playstation console to be able to apply for a position writing news for us!
Any applications can be sent to me, punkyliar
, here on TA via PM
Here are the application questions:1) What is your location and timezone?
2) How much time could you give per day and what times would you generally be available?
3) Why do you want to be a newshound? What contributions would you bring to the team?
4) Are there particular genres/gaming topics you favor? All newshounds are expected to cover everything, including some PlayStation news, but what would be your comfort zone?
5) Is there anything that the team doesn't currently cover that you'd like to see? How could you help to cover this area?
6) Have you written news previously? If so, where? Please submit examples if this applies to you.
7) Have you been on TA site staff before? If so, please tell us a little bit about your experience.
8) Where would you go to find news? What sources would you consider?
9) What improvements / changes do you think we can make to our news coverage?
10) Please let us know anything else about you that makes you stand apart from the crowd! While we're looking for staff to manage news now, we expect all our staff to be able to handle our other responsibilities, so what special skills or knowledge do you bring to the table?
Finally, and perhaps most importantly (so it's bolded for you), please write a sample news story using the format that we use here at TA. In addition, include how you went about finding the story and checking its authenticity. You can write anything, but the newer the news, the better. Don't feel that you have to limit yourself to Xbox news for the sample article.
Please send us your applications by no later than February 27th
We are a team that has a variety of interests in and around the Xbox world, be it the games themselves or the gaming industry as a whole, and we look forward to adding more talented and enthusiastic volunteers to our staff. Good luck to all those who apply!