Developer Spiral House Ltd are bringing their episodic, action-adventure game Troll and I
to the Xbox One console later this year. The game will be played in third person view, as are similar games of this genre. You will take control of a young boy named Otto who is skillful with a spear, melee weapons, and agile as a cat. You will also take control of his unlikely friend, a magical Troll who is still very young and has yet to tap into his magical abilities.
Here is a bit about the story, as described by the developer:
After a disaster destroys his village, a young boy named Otto is forced to run, leaving his family and friends behind to fend for himself in a harsh, demanding landscape. But in the midst of chaos and from the desire to survive, Otto befriends a Troll. Together they embark on a journey that explores the friendship and emotional depth of human and beast as they trek across a devastated landscape that has concealed many secrets… until now!
Here are some of the features that will be in the game:
- Single Player, direct control, dual protagonist teamwork with boy and magic troll
- Multiplayer, co-op play
- Melee and long range combat
- Crafting, melee and long range weapons
- Survival, hunt animals and forage for food
- Puzzle solve
- Explore, climb, jump using both characters individually or together as a team
- Skills and abilities, upgrade with skill points
- Varying enemies and factions
- Collectable's, Troll lore, Troll Hunter plans
- Varying gameplay approach
The first episode of Troll and I
is expected to release sometime in the fourth quarter of 2015. No word on how many episodes this adventure will take place over.
We've got the full list of Troll and I achievements
- check the list for guides to unlocking them.