Fenix Fire, an independent game developer, has announced their upcoming "futuristic vehicular arena-based game show" Smash Derby. The game will feature high speeds as players crash into opponents' hovercars. Take to the arena alone against AI, or show off your skills locally versus other players.
Whether you're riding solo or in a team, the objective remains the same -- smash and demolish everything and everyone in sight! Hovercars that become damaged will lose control, become much more difficult to handle, and eventually blow up on impact. The hovercars will come packed with a chargeable booster that will enable drivers to unleash a massive burst of speed and ram into their opponents. That's not all, of course; there will also be mines, turrets, and lasers wreaking havoc on everyone in the arena.
Check out the announcement trailer that showcases the smashing action to come followed by the key features of the title:
• Competitive and Co-op local multiplayer, Deathmatch and Team Based modesIf you couldn't view the trailer, here are some screens you can view that showcase the same carnage shown in the video:
• Single player Arcade, Survival, and Strategy modes
• Explosive and diverse Hovercars
• Deploy a complete arsenal of Defense Units
• A wide range of arena hazards and traps
• Old-school arcade action with comically over-the-top game show hosts
• Amazing lighting and particle FX
Smash Derby is expected to release later this year on Xbox One.
We don't have them yet, but we'll publish a story as soon as we pick up the Smash Derby achievements.