Following up on the recent announcement
of Activision and Platinum Games' upcoming cell-shaded Transformers: Devastation
, the director and producers had a sit-down to talk about the title and shed more light on what to expect.
Billed as an homage to the brand's roots, while still adding in some of the modern elements we've come to expect, this latest entry in the storied Transformers
franchise focuses on mobility, with much less weight to the feel and look of the transformations. The action is fast-paced and fluid in this one. Some key points are below.
- Controls are more responsive than previous titles.
- Transformations are a component of combat, not just for looks.
- Time your transformations to continue combos after knock-backs.
- Combos initiated when at max speed have increased length and damage.
- Transforming can also be used as a dodge mechanic.
- Five playable Autobots: Optimus, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, & Grimlock.
- Change between characters on-the-fly after the first stage.
- No playing as a Decepticon planned.
- A difficulty level for every level of expertise. Let that sink in with regard to possible achievements.
For the full interview, check out the video and stay tuned for more details as they're released.
is set for a release sometime this year for Xbox 360 and Xbox One.