For a week in June, Gears of War
fans waxed nostalgic and participated in the beta for the game's upcoming Xbox One and Windows 10 Ultimate Edition
. Like any beta, the results are mutually exclusive. Fans got to jump into a new game early while developers got to bug-test it with a real crowd of gamers. The Coalition has announced the following fixes and adjustments ahead of the game's due date next month.
• Multiple fixes and tuning for the Gnasher Shotgun
• Multiple fixes for Frag Grenades, Boomshot, and Torque Bow
• Tuning for footstep audio and other sounds around a player
• King of the Hill improvements, including ability for The Coalition to adjust more settings for competitive play
• Removed active down from Active Reloaded Longshot sniper rifle and added/tuned active bonus for sniper bloom/aim.
• Bug fixes and tuning for skill-based matchmaking
• Tuned red/blue colours for team shaders (Locust/COG)
• Improved look of blood and gore in gameplay
• Improved game performance to reduce screen tearing
• Bug fixes and tuning for Controller Sensitivity Settings
• Various bug fixes on maps, weapons, matchmaking, audio, and controls.
They also revealed a round-up of stats from the community of beta testers. This seems like the perfect avenue to share gaming statistics, yeah?
They also revealed that one player, out of the nearly one million who participated, played 500 matches. Was that anyone here? The Ultimate Edition launches on August 25th.