Eagle-eyed viewers may have caught a glimpse of a well-received puzzler in the video of our digital summer
article. Having sold over 500,000 copies to date since its release on Windows and Xbox 360 back in 2013, The Quantum Astrophysics Guild’s puzzler The Bridge
will celebrate its success by releasing on multiple additional platforms this week.
A 2D black-and-white puzzler, The Bridge
tasks players to rethink their notions of physics, manipulating gravity to solve puzzles. The game’s backgrounds are hand-drawn, designed to look like a lithograph. Some highlights of the game’s puzzles, for those that haven’t experienced the prior versions released in 2013, are below along with a plethora of screenshots.
- 48 unique puzzlesThe Bridge
- gravity manipulations, gravitational vortexes, parallel dimensions
- M.C. Escher-esque worlds with impossible architecture
- an alternative 2nd version of the 24 main puzzles after completing the main storyline, complete with alternative ending
- a rewind system to retry if mistakes are made
releases on August 14th on the Xbox One in the Americas and Europe.