As the world awaits the latest in Ubisoft's flagship series, Assassin's Creed
, the massive developer-publisher isn't done sharing new information on the next game, Assassin's Creed Syndicate
. Today we've learned a whole lot more about the game, including information on the music, season pass DLC, and a brand new community forum that'll work to support future games in the series. Music
At the top of the list comes the news that the BAFTA winning, Grammy nominated composer of Journey
and The Banner Saga
, Austin Wintory, has produced the score for Syndicate
. Outlets everywhere praised his previous work, especially on Journey
, which was the first video game soundtrack to ever be recognized as a Grammy nominee. Now the Denver-born composer has turned his talents to one of the biggest franchises in the medium. On his inspirations for the game's musical direction, Wintory said he opted to forego a massive orchestral score in favor of subtler chamber music much of the time:
I've had a long-held passion for the chamber music of the 19th Century; the intensity one can get from this sort of music is quite distinct from the massive force of an orchestra. You're right in the face of a handful of brilliant players, each exploding with energy. Yet, because of its intimacy it can also sneak up on you in ways a lumbering orchestra can't. It's a dramatically tactile experience which seemed practically tailor-made for a tale of Victoria Era sibling Assassins.
The score will total over three hours in total and will be available for listening on the same day as the game's release.Community
Also new to the series' massive universe is the Assassin's Creed Council, an online destination that intends to be the primary resource for fans. Ubisoft calls it "a new platform for fans to discover more about the Assassin’s Creed universe, be rewarded with exclusive content," and communicate with developers and other fans. Registered members will also be able to submit their own content, some of which may even alter the look of the site, and upvote and downvote other submitted content. A forumwide Council Chamber will be peer-elected and winners will win a trip to the studio, meet the developers, and participate in special events.
Membership is free, of course, and you can sign up here
if you're interested.Season Pass
The marquee item that will come in Syndicate
's DLC package is the Jack The Ripper storyline. Taking place 20 years after the main game's story, players will be transported to Whitechapel, 1888, ominously looked back upon as the "Autumn of Terror" when the unidentified killer stalked the streets of London. They did not yet reveal who the playable character would be in this offshooting story, but they did tease a deadly game of cat and mouse with the infamous yet unnamed assailant. In real life, at least one recent author seems to believe he has identified the murderer
, but in classic Assassin's Creed
fashion, look for them to deliver an interesting take on the killer's "true" identity.
The rest of the season pass details were detailed in brief as well. They include:
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
- The Last Maharaja mission pack: Discover ten brand-new missions set within London, and join Duleep Singh to reclaim his birthright as the Maharaja. In his quest to reclaim his heritage, he will take on the Templars and test his friendship with the queen.
- A Long Night exclusive mission: Help Jacob track down an endangered fellow gang member and bring him back to the hideout in a fast-paced, wild, and dangerous ride.
- Streets of London gameplay pack: Gain access to over one hour of extra gameplay via new missions, and obtain additional weapons, gear, and outfits.
- Two top-tier sets of gear and weapons: Give your arsenal a steam-powered twist with the Steampunk Pack, and immerse yourself in the most famous novels of the Victorian era with the Victorian Legends Pack. Both sets include state-of-the art gear and weapons, as well as a new outfit.
- Exclusive XP boost: All Season Pass holders receive an exclusive permanent XP boost.
arrives worldwide on October 23rd for Xbox One.