There's nothing more annoying than having a member of your team quit out of an intense multiplayer match early. You're without a gun for the entire match and the disadvantage can make you feel like rage-quitting too. There's no bonus for completing matches while being a man down and if you quit out as well then you can also face being penalized. Sometimes, rage-quitting isn't the reason for early dropouts as oconnection issues, power cuts, and a few other reasons can cause problems too. In Halo: The Master Chief Collection
, a big part of the newly released update is the implementation of matchmaking penalties for those who quit early, betray other players constantly, or join and sit idol in a match for too long.
Plenty of other fixes and changes are also included in the patch as well -- ranking calculations, general stability and plenty more have been addressed. Most important (to some) will be the fix of the previously-glitched Who Needs Them?
achievement. Check out the full list below:
• Implemented new systems and temporary bans for matchmaking penalties. These include penalties for:
Note: Leaving the game before finishing (any time from the start of voting until the game concludes) will result in a loss for your ranking and a penalty to your Xbox One reputation. After this update, if you quit, betray, or idle too many times during a set period of time, you will be temporarily banned from playing matchmaking. If you continue to engage in negative behavior after the temporary ban has lifted, you will continue to receive temporary bans that are subsequently longer in length.
• Players will now receive a quit penalty and rank penalty for quitting any time after matchmaking voting begins in all matchmaking playlists, both ranked and unranked
• Added matchmaking betrayal booting for Halo: Combat Evolved
• Matchmaking voting now randomizes winner in the case of a tie, rather than selecting the left-most option
• Made a variety of improvements to ranking calculation
• Fixed an issue which could result in ranking down after winning a match
• Emblems and clan tags, in addition to gamertags, are now hidden while searching for a match
• Updated Team colors to always appear correctly in Forge mode
• The level of menu music will now drop when other players join a lobby / are connected to other players
• The controller schematic for H1 "Boxer" now correctly matches the in-game control layout
• Improved Classic/Remastered UI launch settings for Halo: CE and Halo 2 Campaign
• Improved matchmaking messaging to players
• Fixed an issue where lobby player positions could shuffle after a promotion to party leader
• Fixed an issue where players could select and use nameplates that they had not unlocked
• Fixed an issue where profiles could match into a game after the match started
• Made a variety of fixes for players who could become stuck at the “Downloading Latest Data” screen
• Fixed the glitched Who Needs Them? achievement
• Improved a variety of compatibility issues
• Made a variety of stability improvements
The update for Halo: The Master Chief Collection
is live right now, If you haven't downloaded it already, you will be prompted to do so the next time you start up the game.
Thanks to all the community members that sent this news into us!