Far Cry Primal
puts players far back in history to the time of the Stone Age. Humans were not yet at the top of the food chain; that was the place occupied by giant mammoths and sabretooth tigers. The player is the last survivor of their hunting group. Amongst the things that they must do to survive in the land of Oros, they must take advantage of a brand new game feature that allows players to tame animals.
As a Beast Master, players must tame the very predators that are threatening their own lives. Once tamed, these animals can be summoned at any moment to take down enemies, scout the area or act as a distraction while the player hunts or fights. Which of the 14 creatures will be your weapon of choice -- wolf, sabretooth tiger, cave bear or honey badger?
In the next trailer, players can hear the team at Ubisoft Montreal explain their vision for the feature and the benefits of each of the creatures.
If that isn't enough, the next video showcases over nine minutes of gameplay footage as Jean-Christophe Guyot, the game's Creative Director, and Maxime Beland, Ubisoft Toronto's Creative Director, provide the commentary.
If you didn't like their commentary, perhaps you'd prefer to watch the footage again, this time with the game's Narrative Director Jean-Sebastien Decant supervising the proceedings.
If you have already decided that you want this game, you may be interested in hearing about the two announced editions of the game. First is the Digital Apex Edition. As well as the game (obviously), players will receive the following digital content:
• “Legend of the Mammoth” missions: Up to 45 minutes of additional gameplay, where the player will have the unique opportunity to play as the largest animal in Oros, the almighty mammoth, and feel the power to stomp its enemies and defend its herd from other beasts and humans.
--- Duel of beasts: A powerful rhino spirit dares to challenge your might. Battle him and his herd across treacherous cliffs to assert your dominance.
--- The trapped elder: Bloodthirsty hunters have trapped your leader. Crash their camp and lead the elder to freedom.
--- Hunt the hunter: The time for revenge is now. Lead your herd to crush those who threaten your survival.
• A new weapon, the Blood Shasti Club: A bloodstained club of bone and teeth once wielded by Ull, the vicious leader of the Udam. This weapon is unbreakable and cannot be consumed by flame.
• 4 enhancement packs: Offers early access to rare resources and unique customisation options.
If you're the type of person that prefers to have collectibles and physical goodies with your game, you'll be more interested in the Collector’s Edition, which aims to equip players with everything that they will need to survive Oros. As well as taming beasts, you'll be able to master the language and get a good look at the terrain. This edition will include all of the above digital content
as well as the following physical content:
• Far Cry Primal game.
• Exclusive Far Cry Primal Collector Box with sabretooth skull opening.
• Official Wenja phrasebook: your guide in Oros, full of useful words and in-game sentences. It is a condensed collection of the work of specialists/experts that have adapted a unique language for this game, based on the Proto-Indo European language.
• Exclusive Steelbook.
• Far Cry Primal map of Oros.
• The official game soundtrack and Wenja audio recordings to discover the basics of Far Cry Primal’s official language.
Which edition will you be getting when the game is released on February 23rd, 2016?