The release date for game developer 34 Big Things' upcoming shoot 'em up title Hyperdrive Massacre
has been confirmed, and the team has also released a single piece of artwork for fans to check out too. The game is already available via Steam, but if you haven't checked out any of our previous coverage
of the upcoming ID@Xbox title so far, here's a quick run down of the key features to come with the game:
You’ll get to:
• Pick between 8 cars and wreak havoc in 4 space arenas, with same as much content to be unlocked by playing;
• Unleash an arsenal of 10 pick-up weapons including shotguns, grenades, homing missiles, energy spears, laser sniper rifles and mines, for your destructive amusement;
• Play defensively without being tediously passive! By raising your front shield, you can bounce off bullets right in the face of your attackers. Ha ha, BOOM!
• Enjoy 6 game modes, from basic Deathmatch to DeathRace, LastManStanding, Spong, and the RocketLeague-sque 2D SpaceSoccer;
• Mock your friends for their lack of hand-eye coordination, while you master the challenging zero-friction movement system;
• No friends around, or missing one player? Face the vicious AI and its 4 different difficulty settings.
The single piece of art showcases one of the space cadillacs speeding through the unknown with its slick and unique design:Hyperdrive Massacre
is now set for a January 13th release on the Xbox One for $9.99 / €9.99 or regional equivalent with a whopping 20% discount for Gold members at launch.