Ubisoft has detailed the latest update for their tactical shooter Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
. The update will contain a mixture of fixes and improvements that will, hopefully, make everyone's experience better.
GENERAL TWEAKS & IMPROVEMENTS
HIT REGISTRATION IMPROVEMENTS
• Updated the server tick rate for console users
• With the goal of improving positioning and shooting replication, we had deployed a first update on PC in which the player position update rate is set to 60 times per second (vs. the previous 30). After testing, we are satisfied with its state so we are now deploying this update to all consoles as well.
• Cheating countermeasures have been improved further.
• Banning policy update: all cheaters detected by the system will be banned permanently. No more three day ban for first offense.
EXPLOIT FIX: DEFENDERS EXITING THE PREPARATION PHASE
• Added a configuration that allows us to turn ON an insta-kill configuration for Defenders that go outside their zone during the preparation phase (this behavior should not be possible, but if exploits are found, the guilty shall be punished by a swift death!)
• We will be able to activate this functionality at any time. We will first be testing it on XB1 during the afternoon of January 13th (Montreal time). If it proves effective, we will be deploying this on all platforms later that day.TOP COMMUNITY-RAISED BUG FIXES
Please be aware that this is not an exhaustive list and that we are only highlighting fixes that were done about the most commonly raised community bugs.
LEVEL DESIGN FIXES
• Fixed a bug that allowed players to exit their zone during the preparation phase (red wall). When transitioning from proning to standing position combined with putting up a barricade, players were able to go through walls. We believe this exploit is now solved. Please share your experience in this forum thread
if you still encounter it after the patch (information we are looking for listed in opening post).
• Partial fix of Error [2-0x00000041]. Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post
for more information.
• Potential full fix of the loading screen freeze (smoke background). Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post
for full information.
• Potential full fix of the failed data synchronization issue. Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post
for full information.
• Session authentication operation requests are now using the per data center proxy instead of the Dev one.
• Improved error tracking, for easier issue identification from our side.
• Various smaller connectivity and crash fixes.
The general tweaks and improvements should now be live, with the bug fixes coming on January 20th.