In a new blog post
on the game's official site, Senior Producer Sigurlina Ingvarsdottir has detailed the additional content coming to Star Wars Battlefront
in 2016 and beyond. Things have been relatively quiet on that front for quite some time, as the "Battle of Jaaku" DLC was released all the way back on December 1st, 2015. Fortunately, more free content is on the way starting as early as tomorrow, with additional DLC coming in the months ahead.
Starting with tomorrow's free content update, here's what players can expect to find:
- The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.
- New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
- We are giving players the ability to create Private Matches, which makes playing with friends even easier.
- The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We'll have more news regarding Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
- And of course, we are also including some overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.
In February, players will get a new Hoth Survival mission and Hoth multiplayer map that supports the larger game modes, including Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron and Turning Point. All maps that currently support Walker Assault and Supremacy will also receive Turning Point as an additional mode. In March, a new Tatooine Survival mission and a new Endor multiplayer map that supports Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point will be added. All of this content will be free for players to download.
Ingvarsdottir also provided a release outline for the DLC packs available to those who buy the Season Pass. Those who invest in the Pass are said to receive new maps, modes, Heroes, weapons, and more.
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Outer Rim (March 2016) - Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt's palace on Tatooine
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Bespin (Summer 2016) - It's hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Death Star (Fall 2016) – That’s no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017) – We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.