We love a contest here on TrueAchievements.
Unlocking achievements is fun, but it's oh-so-much sweeter when you are unlocking them to get ahead of another gamer!
We're always on the lookout for new contest ideas and we were delighted when Freamwhole (host on the Zed to Zed Podcast) got in touch and suggested the Ultimate Head to Head contest!
How it works
Each period, entrants are paired up randomly. Then a list of 20 target achievements is created for each pair. The 20 achievements are randomly chosen using the following rules:
- The achievements must not have been unlocked by either player.
- The achievements must be in games both players have started (ie unlocked at least one achievement in).
- The achievements are not from any DLC packs, unless they are title updates.
- The achievements must be in games that have a game collection ownership status of either Owned or Games With Gold for both players.
The winner of the match up is the person that earns the higher number of their target achievements during the period. If both players earn the same number, the one with the higher TA in their achievements wins. If that is also a tie (which would be the case if both players earn all 20), the one that unlocked their last achievement earlier wins.
The winner goes through to the next round, the loser is eliminated.
We then pair all the remaining players up for the next period, and the process starts again until we are left with one Ultimate Head to Head Winner!
More details, including the prize, will be announced next week, but we wanted to give everyone a heads up today so you can start getting your Game Collection in order before we open registration next week.
Here are the registration restrictions:
- You will need to have at least 2,000 valid locked achievements in order to enter the contest.
- Valid achievements need to be:- In games you have started
- In games with a status of Owned or Games with Gold in your collection
- In Xbox One or Xbox 360 games
- Not in DLC packs unless they are Title Updates
- Not unobtainable or discontinued (or partly discontinued)
We will add a page on-site where you can check to see if you have enough valid achievements early next week.
The contest will start on Monday 14th March, and periods will last a week.
Again, more details will be given next week, but if you think you will want to participate please make sure your Game Collection is up to date. You can do that on this page.
Thanks again to Freamwhole for suggesting this contest!
Get the biggest Xbox news delivered straight to your inbox every week.