Ghost Games and EA have detailed a new content update making its way very soon to Need for Speed
. Full of new cars, races, features, changes and fixes to some of the issues within the game, this content update is set to keep players racing for many more hours to come.
Manual Transmission will be added to the game as part of the patch, a feature requested by many members of the community. Two new Hot Rods will be burning rubber in Need for Speed
, starting with the 1932 Hot Rod that comes with four unique Bodykits. The Bodykits will give the Hot Rod four different looks: Soft Top, Coupe, Sedan and Pickup. The second Hot Rod is the Aaron Beck 'BeckKustoms F132'. This Hot Rod is unlike any other and is as customized as can be. Using the shell from a Ford 1932, combining it with a Formula One style chassis and then . Each Hot Rod will also come with full customization options, including Hood, Lights, Grille, Exhausts, Bumpers and more.
Drag Racing makes its return to NFS and will follow a similar racing style to Need for Speed: ProStreet
. Players will need to prime their wheels by burning out at the start of the race, aligning in the start box and also executing perfect timing on their revs. Then, once the cars start charging down the track, the use of nitrous has to be timed perfectly to come out victorious against your opponent, who will also be waiting for the right time to strike with nitrous.
There will be five new Drag events for you to take part in; Neck to Neck, The Perfect Shifts, Drag the Town, Pedal to the Metal and Speed Tunnel.
EA had previously announced that new cars were making their way to the game, but this would be pointless without more garage space, right? Well, EA has got this covered thanks to the Warehouse. Your garage will receive an upgrade allowing for an additional five cars to be stored.
EA has also made improvements to the Wrap Editor, allowing for creators to be more accurate with their decal positioning thanks to a newly implemented coordinates system. The coordinates will be visible in a new panel below the selected decal in the edit decal menu and they "will update in real time when the decal is transformed". Thanks to Text Decals 2.0 and selectable fonts, players will now find it much easier to write on their car. Select your font and use the popup to input the text that you want. Job done!
Improvements are also being made to the animations within the Wrap Editor:
• Animation indicating when a decal has been added to a vehicle
• Improved animation to indicate more clearly the selected decal on a vehicle
• Speed up info text animation when showing an action happening
Three new achievements will also be added to the game:
• Drag Queen – Win five Drag Race events
• Wrap it up – Download a shared Wrap
• Kustom kar – Buy your first Hot Rod
Finally, we have the full patch note list. This includes all of the features covered above as well as few other changes:
• A Virtual Warehouse where you can keep an additional 5 cars in your garage
• Improved Snapshot overview screen in the Need for Speed Network menu so you can find out more about your snapshots
• Improvements Snapshot Pro mode
• Improvements to the wrap editor
• 3 new Trophies and Achievements
• More campaigns for Rep / Cash and Discounts
• A variety of tweaks and improvements including game play, World and audio
• Multiple stability fixes
The "Hot Rods" update in Need for Speed
will go live tomorrow, March 3rd.
Thank you to the community members who sent this news in to us!