Another update is inbound for Digital Extremes' free-to-play title Warframe
. Titled the "Sand of Inaros", this update introduces Inaros, a brand-new mummy-themed Warframe along with a new quest, updates to Reactor Sabotage Missions, and plenty more. Players must complete the new "Sands of Inaros" quest to unlock this unique blueprint.
Here's a lengthy list of details, changes, additions and fixes to come in the new update:
NEW INAROS WARFRAME: Consume the life of your enemies and embrace a richness of health with Lotus' newest warrior, Inaros. Use your abilities to siphon the health from those who would defy you, or force their submission by summoning the might of Phobos' sandstorms. Inaros' Abilities are as follows:
• DESICCATION - Blast enemies with a wave of cursed sand that blinds them and steals their health.
• DEVOUR - Hold power to trap target in quicksand and draw them in for devouring; this steals health and ultimately creates a friendly Sand Shadow.
• SANDSTORM - Become a whirling spiral of sand that sends enemies flying and devours those trapped in quicksand.
• SCARAB SWARM - Charge to transform health into hardened scarab armor. Discharge to blast enemies with a scarab swarm; survivors have their health drained and bestowed on allies.
REACTOR SABOTAGE 2.0: Ship Sabotage missions have received a total overhaul, complete with diverse mission objectives and new Sabotage-unique tiles. Reactor Sabotage 2.0 includes:
• Interactive Mission objectives that change depending on squad playstyles. These objectives create unique environmental hazards and varying extraction goals depending on squad choice. Squads may choose to push through the attack, defend an important piece of the reactor, or take a more stealthy approach to complete the objective.
• Six new Grineer tiles.
• Six new Corpus tiles.
OROKIN MOON - NEW GAME MODES: The Orokin Moon tileset has been expanded to include new game modes. These additions include:
• Defense, Spy and Capture Missions.
• 20 new environmental tiles.
• Overall improvements to older tileset rooms, including graphical and lighting adjustments.
• LESION - An instrument of unrelenting harm.
• MUTALIST CERNOS - Overcome with Infestation, this bow’s arrows now spread poisonous contagion to any surface they hit.
• DUAL TOXOCYST - Brain-strikes excite this bioweapon, causing it to rapidly release toxic munitions.
• XIPHOS - Featuring Sentry Gun air-support, this stylish new Landing Craft is an asset in any battle.
• ABRASYS SYANDANA - This textured cape evokes stone scarred but not destroyed by the sea's tireless onslaught.
• CELESTIA SYANDANA - This Conclave Exclusive cape allows Tenno to wear their bragging rights, by displaying Daily Conclave Challenge progress with a beam of light for each completed challenge.
CHAT CHANGES: The Sands of Inaros update also brings a complete overhaul for Warframe's UI, including new features and more intuitive settings for private conversations and player searching.
• WARFRAME EMOJI - It's never been easier to express yourself in Warframe. Share your feelings without words, using your favorite emoji as well as some fantastic Warframe exclusive emoji.
New screens have been released showcasing the unique mummy-style in the update. Check out the different characters, weapons and maps to come:
The highlights of the upcoming update can be found in this handy video that shows off the new weapons, gears and characters as the battle rages on:
Finally, meet the king of the desert -- Iranos. Learn all about the king himself in the new profile video:
The "Sands of Iranos" update for Warframe
released a couple of days ago on the PC. The Xbox One version will be hit with the update "soon".