If you haven't heard of the title before, the original Blackguards
was released on PC last year and received decent ratings from reviewers to give the game a 68/100 on Metacritic. Set in the fictional place of Aventuria within the Empire of Horasia, players were challenged with trying to solve the murder of a princess. Now, the game will be making its way to the Xbox One as Blackguards – Definitive Edition
which also includes bonus content.
The turn-based tactical role playing title invites players to check out the "doomed, rugged fantasy world" where darkness is everywhere. This is a place where "the only hope for salvation lies in the hands of outsiders and criminals". Players will be guaranteed to get blood on their hands at some point, as there won't be a paragon-style playthrough to choose in this game. You'll feel more like a dark-renegade by the time you're done.
Players will take on the role of an outlaw who has been falsely accused of murder. On a mission for revenge, the outlaw travels to Ascania, home of evil slave traders and poisoners, to get revenge on those who stabbed you in the back. Despite going after seemingly dark enemies, the group your outlaw will be rolling with isn't without their own shadiness and questionable motives as these characters come with questionable pasts. As if that wasn't enough to worry about, Ascania falls under the shadow of the Nameless God. The challenges that await are sure to be extremely challenging.
Choose to play as a warrior, mage, hunter, or even create your own preferred character. There will be a wide selection of skills and spells to choose from before heading out into the dark world were trust will be as rare as gold dust.
Here's a list of the key features in the game:
• Strategically demanding – More than 180 unique Battle Maps keep your tactical skills sharp with new challenges. With 40 special skills and over 90 spells, you decide how to dominate the battlefield.Blackguards – Definitive Edition
• Turn-based strategy meets RPG – A complex combat system facilitates tactical and immersive battles with interactive objects and traps.
• Questionable companions – Criminals, murderers and addicts will accompany you on your quest. But don’t worry – you’ll fit right in with the seven playable and customizable characters.
• An epic story – Murder and treachery are a fact of life in the world of Blackguards. Your decisions have far-reaching consequences both for your group of ‘heroes’ and the fate of the entire world.
• More than 60 hours play time – Countless main and side quests provide variety and ensure there's never a dull moment.
• Exotic locations – Discover the most remote corners of Aventuria and become enchanted by the idyllic, hand-drawn scenery.
• Exclusive content – The Definitive Edition includes the "Untold Legends" DLC which sheds light on the dark past of a Blackguards character and also comes with new weapons, battle maps, quests and music.
, along with the "Untold Legends" DLC will release on the Xbox One this summer.