Nicalis, the developer and publisher of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
, has teamed up with developer StarQuail games to bring the 2013 PC action platformer Tiny Barbarian DX
to consoles.Tiny Barbarian DX
is full of 16-bit art, fast 2D platforming and a catchy soundtrack. According to the developers, it's "one Barbarian’s 'Sword-‘em-Up' quest for vengeance," and was inspired by heroic tales of fiction.
The DX version of the game will also feature:
• Fast and addictive 2D platforming: leap, grab, hang, ride and climb past a plethora of perilous platforms and pitfalls
• Varied swordplay: Flay enemies with savage swordplay and finish off foes by skillfully ending three-button combos with a Sword Dash, the Spinning Sword or a Ground Slam
• Unique locales: muscle through four distinct episodes, each spanning across various landscapes including a snake worshipping temple, the mysterious Ruins of Xanadu, an altitudinous Sinister Spire and beyond!
• Bad bosses: use Barbarian brutality, brains and dexterity against epic bosses. Boss battles will truly test players’ ability to master Tiny’s skills!
• Exclusive content: included with the game on top of the main episodes is also an additional bonus episode , The Domain of the Ice Queen!
Right now there's no release date, pricing or confirmation of which consoles Tiny Barbarian DX
will be arriving on, but perhaps the success of Nicalis' The Binding of Isaac
in the ID@Xbox program will solidify an Xbox One release.