Hot off the Double Everything Weekend
, Hi-Rez Studios have announced patch 3.8 will arrive sometime this week in SMITE
They haven't announced the exact date yet. Scott Lussier, game designer for SMITE
, teased on Twitter it will be "some day this week before Friday and not Monday." Thanks for the info, Scott! (Update: Hi-Rez later confirmed on Twitter
it will be available Wednesday, May 18th.)
Here's a highlights video of what's new, and you can check out the full notes below. Special mentions are the new god Susano, a bunch of new skins and rewards for the season ticket as well as a free icon for everyone.
First off there's a new quality of life change:
• Restricted Camera Pitch Toggle: Options --> Gameplay --> Restricted Camera Pitch
Basically what this means is, there is a new setting where there are no longer restrictions on how far up or down you can look, so you can check high in the sky to see if that Thor or Thanatos is trying to get the drop on you.
Next up is the new god Susano, whom PC players are already affectionately referring to as "Susan." Below you can see him as well as his recolored skin, Scarlet Storm, available for 9,500 favor or 100 gems.
Susano: God of the Summer Storm
Passive: Swift as the Summer Storm
• For each trained Ability that is on Cooldown, Susano gains bonus Movement Speed.
• Speed Per Stack : 4%
• Susano moves thrice in quick succession; after each attack he has up to 3s to fire the next one.
• First Attack : Attacks all Enemies in a cone dealing 70,105,140,175,210 (+90% of your Physical Power).
• Second Attack : Attacks all Enemies in a circle dealing 70,105,140,175,210 (+90% of your Physical Power).
• Third Attack : Dashes Forward.
• Cost: 60/65/70/75/80.
• Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12s.
• Susano commands the winds to blow, dealing 60,75,90,105,120 (+25% of your Physical Power) damage in a cone in front of him. Enemies in the center of the attack are pulled towards him.
• Cost: 80/75/70/65/60.
• Cooldown: 18s.
• Susano throws forward a gust of air which creates a whirlwind, dealing 20,35,50,65,80 (+30% of your Physical Power) damage every .75s for 3s. He may activate this ability again to teleport to the whirlwind. If the initial gust hits an Enemy, the whirlwind surrounds and travels with them, and teleporting to the Enemy reduces this cooldown to 6s.
• Cost: 45/50/55/60/65.
• Cooldown: 17/16/15/14/13s.
• Susano summons a hurricane at his location that pulls Enemies towards the center while growing to up to twice its size. Susano may activate this ability again to launch the storm in the direction he is facing, knocking up opponents in its path and dealing 160,210,260,310,360 (+140% of your Physical Power).
• Cost: 80/85/90/95/100.
• Cooldown: 100s.
Several new skins will also become available. From first to last: Vicious Apollo, Riftshaker Janus, Red Vengeance Nemesis, Jag.Rar Xbalanque, Raijin Mastery Skins (who previously did not have Gold, Legendary or Diamond skins).
There are also two new Loki skins, Joki Loki and Last Laugh Loki. Last Laugh Loki is a limited edition skin that can be obtained free for a limited time with the purchase of Joki Loki via the Joke's On You Bundle for 400 gems. The offer ends May 24th.
There is also a new avatar, which can be obtained for free by redeeming the code #ALLIEDSTRONG at the in-game store, in support of caster and former professional player Allied's (David Hance)
struggle with cancer.
There are also three new point rewards for the season ticket:
• Enigma Chest Roll (8000 FP)
• Vicious Apollo (8500 FP)
• Undying Chest Roll (9000 FP)
And of course, what would a MOBA be without balance changes? There are several changes to the map:
• Added Speed Camp back to the Jungle. This buff has been placed at the current Mana Camp Location.
• Removed short lane Boar Camp.
• Moved Mana Camp to the short lane Boar Camp location.
• Increased Boar XP from 83 to 105
• Increased Boar Gold from 29 to 50
• Fire Elementals give 45 XP and 30 Gold each and are now a single camp.
• Moved the Back Harpy camp back to it’s original Season 2 location.
• Back Harpy respawn timer adjusted from 110 seconds to 80 seconds.
• Boar respawn timer adjusted from 110 seconds to 180 seconds.
The item and god changes are below:
• Increase cost from 2265 to 2850.
• Increased power from 40 to 75 Power.
• New Passive – Killing an enemy god forges a shield from their blood with health equal to 200 + 10 per Player Level for 20s. While the Blood Shield is active you gain +20% movement speed.
Gem of Isolation
• Reduced cost from 2850 to 2700.
• Increased power from 40 to 55.
• Reduced cost from 2380 to 2330.
• Increased magical protection from 40 to 45.
Mail of Renewal
• Fixed an issue where all player deployables were proccing Mail of Renewal.
Rod of Asclepius
• Increased Health from 200 tp 250.
• Increased Aura from 20% to 25% healing.
Rod of Healing
• New Passive: AURA – The healing and Health regeneration of allies within 70 units is increased by 10%.
• Reduced cost from 2250 to 2150.
• Added an effect for when the Passive is active.
Stone of Gaia
• Increased MP5 from 10 to 15.
• New Passive – Your Critical Hits increase your attack speed and movement speed for 20% for 5s.
• Reduced cost from 2200 to 2050.
"Artemis traps now show a warning indicator rather than a visible trap for enemies viewing it. Once triggered, the visible trap will appear as normal. We’ve taken this approach to solve visibility issues across her various skins that have different thematic traps."
• Updated the hidden trap FX to look more consistent across all Artemis Skins.
• Increased Slow from 15/20/25/30/35% to 20/25/30/35/40%.
• Increase base damage from 150/200/250/300/350 to 200/250/300/350/400.
• Increased duration of pulse from 5s to 6s.
Power of the Wind Jewel
• Fixed an issue where Kukulkan’s Passive would not get modified by Rod Of Tahuti’s Passive.
Scales of Fate
• Increased Power Gain and Power Loss from 4% to 6%.
• Increased Protection stealing from 30/35/40/45/50% to 50% at all ranks.
• Increased projectile speed from 100 to 115.
• Fixed an issue where this ability would not stop upon being silenced.
• Removed Raijin’s collision during his pre-fire. (while invisible)
• Raijin will no longer be able to be stunned/silenced/etc. once he has become invisible.
• Time in air increased from 3s to 4.5s
• Reduce movement penalty from 75% to 40%.
• Increased radius from 12 to 15.
• Updated tooltip to correctly indicate it as a Leap instead of a Dash.
Rune of the Hunt
• Decreased Kaldr’s Basic Attack Damage from 60/60/80/80/100/100% to 50/50/70/70/90/90%.
• Reduced Physical Power Scaling from 100% to 70%.
• Increased Physical Power Scaling from 40% Per hit to 50% Per Hit.
• Fixed an issue where Xing Tian’s Ultimate could get stuck on the Joust Map.
• Increased duration from 1/2/2/3/3 ? 1/2/3/4/4.
• Decreased dot damage from 4% per second to 3% per second.
• Increased base damage from 70/100/130/160/190 to 80/115/150/185/210.
• This ability now roots instead of slows on the slam hit.
Whirlwind of Rage and Steel
• Increased casting time from .72s to 1.25s.
• There is a new animation for casting of the ultimate.
• This ability now deals 25/45/65/85/105 + 35% per hook, rotation, and throw.
• Cooldown reduced from 100s to 90s.
There are also new god-specific achievements:
• As Loki kill three or more enemy gods from behind.
Made You Look
• As Loki get the killing blow on an enemy with your Decoy.
Look at Me!
• As Medusa stun three or more enemy gods using Petrify.
• As Medusa deliver the killing blow to an enemy using Lacerate.
Watch it Bounce
• As As Zeus kill an enemy God on the fourth bounce of Chain Lightning.
• As Zeus kill three or more enemies who have three charges on them with Detonate.
And last but not least, the miscellaneous changes:
• Consumables now appear on a tree similar to the Relics tree.
• Increased the timeout threshold of the emote spam filter from 5 emotes every 10 seconds to 10 emotes every 10 seconds. Players who spam incredibly fast will now bypass this filter on their local machine only and will continue to hear all emotes until they stop, which will then initiate the timeout period. Any players within range will only ever hear 10 emotes.
• Adjusted the probability players receive skins from chests.
For the following small chests all items will now have an equal chance to receive any item in the chest.
• Above the Law
• Pedal to the Metal
• Summer Chest
• Final Frontier
• Warriors Will
• Cutesy Chest
• Martial Arts
• New Years
• Holiday Chest
• Musketeer Chest
• Yeti Chest
• Fortune Chest
• Independence Chest
• Spring Holiday
• International Chest
• Spring Festival
• Hunter’s Chest
For the following large chests we have significantly increased the chance players will receive a skin, and even more significantly increased the chance players will receive the chest exclusive skin.
• Deep Sea
• Summer Event
The patch will be available this week. If you missed patch 3.7, "The Grim Weaver," from earlier this month, you can check it out here