There's a little something for every racer today in Forza Motorsport 6
. The paid "NASCAR Expansion" is now available for fans of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, as well as a free content update for everyone.
The new expansion "features an all-new NASCAR World Tour career with over 10 hours of racing, representing the ultimate 'What if…?' for racers around the world."
How would American stock cars fare against Australian V8s at Bathurst, or against WEC prototypes at Le Mans? With the NASCAR World Tour career, players will be able to live these fantasies and answer those questions for themselves, competing in unique events across the cosmopolitan lineup of tracks and circuits in Forza Motorsport 6. Whether battling it out against GT and endurance racers from the world’s top motorsports leagues, sharing the track with open wheelers from IndyCar and Formula E, or testing the limits on classic American ovals like Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Daytona International Speedway, this is NASCAR like you’ve never experienced it before.
Here is what is included with the "NASCAR Expansion," which is now available for download
at the price of $19.99 USD.
Chip Ganassi Racing
· 2016 Chevrolet #1 Chip Ganassi Racing McDonald's Chevy SS
· 2016 Chevrolet #42 Chip Ganassi Racing Target Chevy SS
Joe Gibbs Racing
· 2016 Toyota #11 Joe Gibbs Racing FedEx Express Camry
· 2016 Toyota #18 Joe Gibbs Racing M&M’s® Camry
· 2016 Toyota #18 Joe Gibbs Racing Interstate Batteries Camry
· 2016 Toyota #19 Joe Gibbs Racing ARRIS Camry
· 2016 Toyota #19 Joe Gibbs Racing STANLEY Camry
· 2016 Toyota #19 Joe Gibbs Racing Subway Camry
· 2016 Toyota #20 Joe Gibbs Racing Dollar General Camry
· 2016 Toyota #20 Joe Gibbs Racing DEWALT Camry
· 2016 Chevrolet #4 Stewart-Haas Racing Jimmy John’s Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #4 Stewart-Haas Racing Outback Steakhouse Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #10 Stewart-Haas Racing Nature's Bakery Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #14 Stewart-Haas Racing Mobil 1 Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #41 Stewart-Haas Racing Haas Automation Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #5 Hendrick Motorsports FARMERS Insurance Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #5 Hendrick Motorsports Great Clips Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #24 Hendrick Motorsports NAPA Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #48 Hendrick Motorsports Lowe's Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #88 Hendrick Motorsports Nationwide Insurance Super Sport
· 2016 Ford #2 Team Penske Alliance Truck Parts Fusion
· 2016 Ford #2 Team Penske Brad K. Fusion
· 2016 Ford #22 Team Penske Shell-Pennzoil Fusion
· 2016 Ford #22 Team Penske AAA Fusion
Born in the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew, which devastated the area in 1992, Homestead-Miami Speedway was built as part of the region’s reconstruction. The original layout was a rectangular oval modeled after Indianapolis Motor Speedway. However, due to the track’s shorter length (about 1.5 miles) passing was difficult and made for dangerous crash angles. After attempts to widen the aprons did not resolve the problems, Homestead received a massive reconfiguration in 1997, turning the track into a true oval. Further renovations such as improved banking and lighting for night racing have made it not only a fan favorite, but the home of the NASCAR championship races since 2002. The track also features a road course for sports cars, making Homestead-Miami a justifiably famous and inarguably sunny racing destination.
There are also 17 new achievements worth 215 gamerscore
In addition to the DLC, there is an update which developer Turn 10 Studios has called "our largest and most significant content update to date." The update is detailed below.
HUD Proximity Arrows – New on-screen HUD arrows will provide players with information on cars in close proximity. Especially useful for players who prefer to use cockpit or hood perspective when driving, these optional HUD proximity arrows indicate surrounding traffic and will give players that extra chance of avoiding costly wrecks.
Drafting and Drivatars – Making the most of the draft is more important than ever in Forza Motorsport 6. Now, players will be able to feel the intense effects of the draft on their cars’ performance as they fight for every inch at close quarters. In addition, Forza Motorsport 6’s Drivatar opponents have been refined to manage the intricacies of tight pack racing at high speeds, where every inch counts.
Quick Stop – In racing, victory has always required quick reflexes. Forza 6’s new Quick Stop feature means that strategy will play a bigger role than ever. In Quick Stop race mode, all cars are required to take at least one mandatory pit stop before the end of a race. As the race unfolds, choosing an early or late lap for your Quick Stop can be the difference between winning and losing.
Rolling Starts – Now players will have the option to select a rolling starts option for races. Rolling starts offer an exciting alternative to traditional standing starts, giving the players the chance to experience the thrill of green flag starts at speed. Rolling starts also allow the grid to spread out, in turn reducing the number of first-corner accidents.
New Damage Option – For Forza players that love endurance racing, we’ve added a brand new damage option – cosmetic damage with fuel and tire wear. This option is ideal for players who want to experience the challenge of racing long distances while their fuel burns down and tires gradually lose grip, without having to worry about a single crash disabling their car and ruining their race results.
Multiplayer Le Mans – Le Mans has returned to online multiplayer! For the first time in Forza Motorsport 6 players will be able to race on Le Mans’ Old Mulsanne and Full Circuit ribbons in multiplayer hoppers and Leagues.
Both the "NASCAR Expansion" and the content update are available for download now.