, Bethesda announced the next DLC expansion for The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
. This month, players will finally be able to join the fan favorite guild, the Dark Brotherhood.
The expansion will bring with it free updates for everyone outside of the Dark Brotherhood content. Creative Director Rich Lambert is happy to explain what content is coming and why the fans deserve it:
The Dark Brotherhood has always been special for Elder Scrolls fans, including many of us here, and we are excited to finally be able to bring it to Elder Scrolls Online. The Dark Brotherhood DLC game pack introduces the Gold Coast zone, where you can explore the towns of Anvil, Kvatch, and the landscape between them. This DLC is jam-packed with fun new quests, a new skill line, new delves, group bosses and all new ways to murder NPCs with executions and poisons.
As always, this update isn't solely focused on the DLC. We've added in a ton of new base-game features and improvements for everyone. Veteran Ranks have finally been removed, which simplifies and unifies leveling into one system. In addition to Veteran Rank removal, we've added in a number of new systems and improvements, including things like:
- Quality-of-Life: Nameplates, Item Locking, Repair warnings, Enchanting updates, Class balance adjustments, Trait Improvements, Poison making, Hats and Personalities
- Grouping Tool/Activity Finder: Vote to Kick, Ready Check, and Deserter Debuffs
- PVP: Cyrodiil latency improvements, Imperial City district capture, and new vendors with scaled gear
I'd also like to take a quick moment to specifically single out all of our ESO Plus Members – your support and dedication has been amazing over the years. With the Dark Brotherhood DLC, we've added a new exclusive feature for you all - the Craft bag. It's a nearly limitless storage bag for your crafting supplies and it is our way of saying thank you for your continued support.
One of the highlights of the Dark Brotherhood has always been the Blade of Woe. It's back in this expansion to perilous effect:
Also of note is a new way to make your character unique in the form of a new personality: the Assassin.
Of course, the Dark Brotherhood expansion content goes beyond a mere weapon and personality. The list of features is quite extensive:
- Access to join the Dark Brotherhood and become an assassin-for-hire
- The Gold Coast, available to characters of all levels, where you can explore Anvil and Kvatch for the first time since The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- A new passive skill line, exclusive to Dark Brotherhood members
- Hours of exciting story content and quests that allow you to revisit your favorite regions of Tamriel
- New repeatable activities, including:
- Bounty Quests: The Dark Brotherhood is not the only group on the Gold Coast that offers gold for martial expertise. Daily bounties await in the cities of Anvil and Kvatch
- The Litany of Blood, a Dark Brotherhood kill mission targeting victims around the world
- Two new delves, Hrota Cave and Garlas Agea, featuring brand new challenges and exciting rewards
- Two new world boss encounters: The Kvatch Arena and Limenauruus the Minotaur, who guards Tribune's Folly
- Powerful new gear, unique crafting styles, and other rewards inspired by the deadly Dark Brotherhood
- The new Assassin personality
- Three new crafted item sets
- Three new item sets available in the Gold Coast
- Two new costumes awarded for completing quests in the Gold Coast
- Two new Mementos and one new Polymorph for earning specific achievements in the Gold Coast
- The new Viridian Venom Dye, for completing a specific achievement
- The Assassins League crafting style
- A brand new in-game musical score, inspired by the Dark Brotherhood and Gold Coast
Once the expansion releases, anyone with an active ESO Plus membership will be able to download it free. F2P users can buy the expansion for 2000 crowns. The Dark Brotherhood expansion of Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
will release for Xbox One on June 14th.