Pistons and pig-riding are just two of the things promised in an upcoming update for Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta
, the newly available Minecraft: Pocket Edition (Android)
beta and Minecraft: Pocket Edition (iOS)
. The functionality will also be added for players to earn achievements in both the Android and iOS mobile versions, a feature already present in the Windows 10 Edition Beta
Pistons are blocks with the capability to push another block — this can enable players to create interactive items like a drawbridge or trap door. There are also sticky pistons, which are able to push or pull a block. Creative minds can see the endless possibilities opened up with such a mechanic.
Pig-riding is, well, it's pig-riding.
Mojang has released a full sneak peek video below:
This will be update .15, which Mojang has labeled "The Friendly Update," most likely due to the addition of Xbox LIVE multiplayer with friends or perhaps the "mysterious, as-yet-unspecified friendliness" listed in the patch notes. Here is the full list of what's headed to these platforms soon:
New Features• Mysterious, as-yet-unspecified friendliness
• Pistons and sticky pistons!
• Observer blocks: new blocks that can detect changes in neighboring blocks
• Xbox Live Achievements on iOS and Android
• Online multiplayer with Xbox Live friends!
• Leads, horses and dyeable horse armor!
• Fire charges
• Pig riding!
• A whole new UI for the main menu, shared with the Windows 10 Edition
• You can now tip arrows using a cauldron and potions!
• Husk zombies in the desert
• Stray skeletons in tundras
• Different villages in taigas and savannahs
• Skeleton horse traps!
Tweaks• Online play uses less bandwidth now
• Note blocks are a lot louder now
• Walking far from spawn generates a lot less jittering now
• Added more mob eggs to the creative menu
Bug Fixes• Fixed a lot of crashes!
• Fixed a couple of bugs causing data to be lost or world corruption
• A whole bunch of redstone fixes from the community feedback
• Lots of multiplayer desynchronization fixes
• Nether wart looks different when planted
• Less flickering of the block selection highlight!
• Glass doesn’t become green anymore
• Fixed chests generation in dungeons and desert temples
Mojang has also provided a link for players looking to sign up for the Android beta
. The patch will be available on Windows 10, Android and iOS soon.