CD Projekt Red took the stage earlier today to announce Gwent: The Witcher Card Game
as well as the game's beta
which is coming this fall. Since their time in the spotlight was short, not many details were initially revealed.
Since then, CD Projekt Red has come out to give us some more information regarding building your deck, game modes and have also offered a few tips to players who may not be very familiar with the card game. For those of you who bought The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
just to spend all your time playing this game within the game, some of the information will come as no surprise. All five factions present in The Witcher 3
are making a return, and some of the strategies you have already developed will help you get a step ahead in Gwent
. However there are some new additions coming to the game so it won't all be second nature:
WELCOME TO GWENTDeck BuildingBecome a master cardsmith and battle friends from around the world!
BLUFF YOUR WAY TO VICTORY
- Pick your side - command 5 different factions: the mighty Nilfgaardian Empire, proud Skellige, brutal Monsters, cunning Northern Realms or shadowy Scoia’tael.
- Build your deck - collect new cards and deploy armies full of versatile units, unique heroes and rule-flipping cards that summon fog to blind your opponent’s archers or call down dragon fire to destroy their strongest units.
- Craft new cards - break down unwanted cards and craft new ones to build an ever-evolving deck.
Rules & TricksIf you can’t overpower your enemy, make sure you know how to outsmart them!
BRING YOUR ARMY TO THE TABLE
- Force their hand - with limited cards per game, lure your opponent into draining their resources!
- Lose the battle, win the war - win the entire game by learning how to cleverly lose a round.
- Hold the line - play your cards across three rows, infantry, ranged and siege, and build a formation to counter your opponent’s strategy.
Game ModesEmbark on a story-driven single player journey, or just play online for fun, fame and glory!
- Story Campaign - lead mighty armies during prominent events straight from The Witcher universe.
- Friendly Matches - test your deck, try out new strategies, or just show off your collection of rare, animated cards.
- Ranked Matches - rise through player-driven divisions and advance to the Pro League.
CD Projekt Red also gave us a look at the game itself by the way of some screenshots:Gwent: The Witcher Card Game
does not have a release date just yet, but we will be sure to keep you up to date as soon as something is announced.