THQ has released a new developer diary that showcases the multiplayer aspect of their upcoming shooter Homefront
The multiplayer is set during the time when the Korean Forces are invading America, shortly after the EMP and cyber attacks. The US forces are still trying to hold off the Korean forces.
Here's the developer diary for you to watch:
For those of you who are at work and can't view the video, here are some interesting snippets:
• You have infantry, tanks, LAVs, helicopters all brought together in the battlefield.
• All of your actions in the game are earning you battle points. These are used to buy many things, such as vehicles, special weapons and ammo, and these can be bought mid-game.
• The game setting allows "near-future" technology, such as drones to be deployed.
• "Ground Control" has people going for three objectives. When they are captured you start gaining points. When enough points are gained, the front line moves and a new set of three objectives appears.
• Dedicated servers.
• Up to 32 players in a game.
A previous developer diary
provided the setting for the single player storyline.Homefront
will be released on March 8th, 2011 in the US, on March 10th in Australia, and March 11th in Europe.