Microsoft has provided a more in-depth video regarding future system updates coming to the Xbox platform, from items which are currently in Preview to the next updates coming later in 2016. All are covered in the below video with a discussion between Major Nelson (Larry Hyrb) and Xbox Director of Program Management Mike Ybarra:
To recap some of the major highlights covered in the video:
Currently in Preview
- Cortana is coming to Xbox One, adding a new voice recognition system to the Xbox interface.
- Major updates to the game and app collection screen. Providing detailed download information and various options on more easily viewing your content.
- Facebook friend finder, which is already available for the Xbox App on Windows 10, allows you to find friends who have linked their Facebook account to their Xbox profile and add them to your friends list.
- Xbox App to enable sharing and similar social functions for major PC titles, allowing posts to your newsfeed from non Windows 10/Xbox One titles.
Coming Later in 2016
- Language and region unlock, which lets players separate their language from their region easily.
- Looking for group features. A social feature that uses the current Xbox matchmaking system to allow players to post specific requests for other gamers in multiplayer titles; with various options available as seen in the video.
- Clubs designed to allow private or public groups to be created that can then play, socialize and generally hang out together on Xbox. ( I have a feeling there will be a few TA groups out there.)
- Xbox Arena will bring a new competitive gaming infrastructure to Xbox. It's made for both casual multiplayer gamers and more dedicated online aficionados, Xbox Arena allows for custom tournaments and more professional gaming options in a variety of games. Currently announced participants in Xbox Arena are Gears of War 4, Halo 5: Guardians, SMITE and World of Tanks. Alongside this are various Electronic Arts titles as well.
Currently, all of the above features are scheduled to come to your Xbox by the end of 2016.