Yesterday saw the release of the new update for Rocket League
. This update not only fixed various bugs, but also added new cars, new arenas and even new achievements. Take a look below to see the patch highlights, as well as a full blown list of all the new additions.
- Added four new premium Battle-Cars. (DLC) Neo Tokyo-inspired vehicles “Esper” and “Masamune”, and Classic Cars “Aftershock” and “Marauder” will be available July 18th.
- (DLC) Six Decals for each new vehicle
- Added all-new “Neo Tokyo” Arena to all casual and competitive playlists.
- Added all-new “Pillars” Arena to Rocket Labs playlist.
- Added “Showroom” to preview premium content
- Competitive Season 2 has ended and rewards will be given to participants who achieved “Prospect I” and above
- Competitive Season 3 has begun! All competitive skill ratings have been reset.
- New “Rare” and “Very Rare” items can now be found after Online matches, there are many new items for you to discover and collect!
- Multiple Bug Fixes
- Added “Community Flags” ?Shacknews
- 4Player Network
- Added “Video Games” ?Dying Light Flag
- Dying Light Gas Tank
Battle-Cars (Available digitally July 18)
- Added “Neo Tokyo”
- Added “Pillars”
Decals (Available digitally July 18)
- (DLC) Added “Esper”
- (DLC) Added “Masamune”
- (DLC) Added “Aftershock”
- (DLC) Added “Marauder”
- (DLC) Aftershock: Added “Copycat”
- (DLC) Aftershock: Added “MIRV”
- (DLC) Aftershock: Added “Seismic”
- (DLC) Aftershock: Added “Tiger”
- (DLC) Aftershock: Added “Tribal”
- (DLC) Aftershock: Added “Wings”
- (DLC) Esper: Added “Kaiju”
- (DLC) Esper: Added “Mouse Cat”
- (DLC) Esper: Added “Neo”
- (DLC) Esper: Added “Pegasus”
- (DLC) Esper: Added “Shank”
- (DLC) Esper: Added “Super F3”
- (DLC) Esper: Added “Super F3”
- (DLC) Marauder: Added “Big Buck”
- (DLC) Marauder: Added “Ruffian”
- (DLC) Marauder: Added “Safari”
- (DLC) Marauder: Added “Stripes”
- (DLC) Marauder: Added “Vagabond”
- (DLC) Marauder: Added “Wings”
- (DLC) Masamune: Added ” DJ Sushi”
- (DLC) Masamune: Added “Otaku”
- (DLC) Masamune: Added “Road Rage”
- (DLC) Masamune: Added “Stars”
- (DLC) Masamune: Added “Stripes”
- (DLC) Masamune: Added “Wildfire”
Trophies and Achievements
- Flamethrower Yellow (common)
- Standard Green (common)
- Mad Scientist – Play a complete match in 3 different Rocket Labs Arenas
- Icing the Cake – In Snow Day, score a goal from your own side of the ice
- Left Wing, Right Wing – Win a Snow Day match with both the Blue and Orange teams
- Fast Break – Score at least 2 Dunks in the first minute of a Hoops game
- Buzzer Beater – With 30 seconds left, win a game of Hoops in which you were tied or trailing
- Budding Artist – Collect a Painted Item
- One Better – Increase the level of a Certified Item
- Certifiable – Earn Veteran status for your Certified Item
CHANGES AND UPDATESGeneral
- All-new “Showroom” feature has been added to the main menu ?All purchasable cars and downloadable content have been moved to the new Showroom accessible from the main menu.
- The Showroom allows you to preview premium content in 3D before buying, including full camera rotation and decal previews.
- Four new Battle-cars have been added to the Showroom! ?Esper and Masamune, two new premium cars designed for Neo Tokyo; Aftershock and Marauder, the Collector’s Edition vehicles, are also included in this update. They are exclusive to the retail version until July 18th, after which they will be available for individual purchase in-game.
- Arena changes:The Neo Tokyo map has been added! It is based on the “Underpass” Lab map layout, and it is immediately available in all playlists, including competitive.
- A new experimental map, “Pillars”, has been added to the “Rocket Labs” playlist.
- “Underpass” and “Double Goal” have been removed from the “Rocket Labs” playlist.
- End of Game Spotlight: After the conclusion of each match, the winning team will now be spotlighted in the center of the field, allowing players to show off. They can jump, dodge, and spin to do tricks, and can show off their battle-cars and boost trails.
- Each player can earn up to two medals for their match performance. For example, you are a “Prodigy” if you score 3-5 goals.
- Quick Chat Updates: Each Quick Chat message can now be customized by selecting from a larger list of preset messages.
- The default quick chat for “Centering!” has been changed to “Need Boost!”. “Centering!” is still available as part of the full list for players that preferred it.
- Post-Game Quick Chats have been added! They replace the “Informational” bindings once the match ends, and can also be customized. Don’t forget to “gg” after matches!
- New Items Rarities! New “Rare” and “Very Rare” Item Drops will now be found after online matches. These item quality features all-new Neo Tokyo-themed drops, rare decals, and very rare boost trails for you to discover and equip!
- Introducing new Item Attributes: Item Attributes are rare bonus properties that sometimes come with an online item drop. The “Painted” attribute recolors an existing item. Wheels and Toppers can now be discovered with this attribute.
- The “Certified” attribute makes that item track a specific statistic while equipped in online matches. As you earn more stats with a particular item, it will gain an increasingly prestigious title.
- Trade In System: You can now trade in duplicate “Uncommon” and “Rare” item drops. Trading in five items of one quality will return one item of the next highest quality. For example, trading in five uncommon items will yield one rare item.
- To access the Trade In system, navigate to the “Manage Inventory” option that’s been added to the Garage submenu.
- Players can now assign car movement and orientation to mouse axes to better accommodate players with disabilities.
- The main menu music has been updated to: Hollywood Principle – Seeing What’s Next (Kevin Frey Remix)
- Season 2 has ended! All players will be granted the following rewards based on their highest skill tier reached over the course of Season 2:
- Prospect I or higher – Season 2 Prospect Boost
- Challenger I or higher – Season 2 Challenger Boost
- Rising Star or higher – Season 2 Star Boost
- Champion or higher – Season 2 Champion Boost
- Grand Champion – “Season 2 Grand Champion” Title
- Players will also receive the rewards for all tiers below the highest they reached.
- Competitive Season 3 Begins!
- All competitive skill ratings have been reset to give everyone a fresh start as the second year of Rocket League begins.
- Steam Accounts using the “Family Sharing” feature that do not own Rocket League can no longer queue for competitive playlists.
- Added “Disable Stat Notifications” option. This prevents the HUD popups for things like First Touch, Clears, Shots, and Saves from appearing on-screen during matches.
- Added “Hide Competitive Divisions” option. Skill Group (Prospect I, Challenger III, etc.) will remain visible, but you will not see your current division, or division up/down notifications.
- The default selection for the Reconnect popup for competitive matches is now “Yes”.
- Custom markers added to Replays will now be saved when closing the replay.
- Venom’s spoiler can now move again.
- The rim in “Hoops” will no longer cause the match to end if the ball hits it after time has expired.
- Fixed visibility issues caused by the rim/arena in “Hoops”.
- Fixed “Thermal” Rocket Trails sound FX
- Fixed an issue that caused the post-training audio to play at abnormally high volumes
This update for Rocket League
should be live for you now.