Rockstar continues its quest to make Grand Theft Auto V
the only multiplayer game that you ever play with its weekly updates and events. This week sees a new game mode with a double RP and GTA$ playlist to go along with it, as well as a new Supercar.
Let's talk about the new mode: Power Play. It sounds like an arcade-style shooter that you might have played in splitscreen as a kid. It's the usual GTA gang warfare... until you pick up a powerup, that is. Powerups might give you an advantage, or they might just serve to mess with the enemy. The powerups are as follows:
- Beasted: Transform into the Beast and use special powers like invisibility, super jump, and super strength.
- Zoned: Slow down time for all players, giving snipers a tactical advantage over exposed enemies.
- Doped: Dull your enemy's senses with a trippy green haze; they’ll never see that flank coming...
- Raging: Unleash a rampage with your entire team by inflicting increased damage while taking reduced damage.
- Flipped: Scramble your opponents by picking up Flipped, temporarily inverting all enemy camera controls and mixing team chat to truly get in their heads.
- Dark: Take your team off the grid for well-timed sneak attacks.
There's also the usual double RP and GTA$ playlist to accompany it. As long as you're playing the Power Play playlist, you'll be enjoying those sweet double rewards. You can get a free t-shirt just for logging in, and there's a new Supercar on which to spend your millions — the Grotti X80 Proto, now available at Legendary Motorsport. There is also 50 percent off all Swifts, Valkyries and the Lampadati Toro.
As you can see from the ad above, this event runs until June 27th, so there's plenty of time for players to use the double RP to work toward Above the Law
. Although these events and updates are on current-gen only and no longer grace the Xbox 360 version, you can snag Grand Theft Auto V
on Xbox One on sale
this week for 35 percent off.