certainly has a dedicated fanbase. It even was runner up for Platformer Game of the Year here on TA
. Developer Yacht Club Games has been dedicated to providing new content for the game, for free, in the form of new characters and content and today they've released some new details on the upcoming updates.
First, they provided answers to some frequently asked questions:
- We’re working on two new campaigns: Specter Knight and King Knight.
- Campaigns will not be releasing at the same time. Specter Knight will be released first!
- No estimated release date for any Update quite yet.
- Similar to our last update, we’ll probably go overboard too. Hey! Maybe that’s why we’re called Yacht Club Games!
- New campaigns will come with new Feats and Challenges for the new campaign character!
- We’re also working on two new modes: Body Swap and Battle Mode!
- Just like Plague of Shadows releasing with Challenge Mode, we’re planning to release one of these new modes alongside each campaign.
- Battle Mode is being designed as a single screen, multiple controller, multiplayer mode and is currently not planned to arrive on handheld versions of the game. We’ll be sure to announce if there are any changes on that front.
- Much like Plague of Shadows, all of the announced upcoming Shovel Knight content will be free on ALL platforms! For disc/cart and digital versions!
If you're interested in seeing Specter Knight, the developers have posted a huge number of GIFs showing off his moves in their latest developer update
's latest updates have no release date, but we'll have more information for you as soon as we get it.