If classic top-town arcade racing with online multiplayer piques your interest, you may want to take a look at Mantis Burn Racing
, an upcoming Xbox One title from VooFoo Studios. Though the game has just entered the Early Access program on Steam, it expects to spend a relatively short time there, only two to three months.
The development team is led by Mark Williams, a veteran in the genre, known for his work on the Commodore Amiga game Max Rally
. According to the devs, the game "combines fast-paced, bumper-to-bumper racing with intuitive, tactile gameplay" in addition to "raw top-down racing, stunning visuals and fully-upgradable vehicles." Mantis Burn Racing
will be playable in single player, up to 4-player local co-op and up to 8-player multiplayer online.
The full features are as follows:
- Comprehensive Career Mode – Test every aspect of your driving ability in a compelling career structure where you choose your progression path on the road to being crowned Mantis Burn Racing Champion.
- Bumper-to-Bumper Racing – Jump the sand dunes of sun-scorched Sand Town or burn rubber on the asphalt city streets of New Shangri-la in high-risk, high-speed but most of all, highly competitive racing.
- Incredible Vehicles – Choose from a roster of fully customisable built-for-racing vehicles in 3 distinct categories, each with their own unique handling and performance traits with speedy dune-buggies, versatile road-racers and super-strong 6-wheeler trucks competing side-by-side in the same race.
- Stunning Visuals – Race across stunning reversible tracks located in 2 distinct environments with incredible photo-realistic visuals for crystal clear high-octane racing.
- Utterly Believable – Enter a world of realistic, but fun, vehicle handling and dynamic destructible environments where tyres screech and barriers fly.
- Deep Upgrade System – Fine tune your vehicle’s appearance, handling and performance to your exact preference and playing style via a deep, tactical upgrade system that offers an almost infinite amount of vehicle variations, creating a unique race experience for every player.
- Challenging Game Modes – Master demanding game modes that keep the extensive solo career fresh and exciting.
- Intense Multiplayer – 4 player local split-screen racing with extensive online modes for up to 8 players allowing players worldwide to race together seamlessly.
- Original Soundtrack – Race to an original ambient-electro soundtrack written especially for the game.
- Regular Updates – Regular content updates during Early Access with add-ons planned post full launch, including free and paid content packs.
VooFoo plans for the Steam Early Access version to serve as a beta test, aiding the game in being fully ready for its console release. Mantis Burn Racing
is scheduled to launch on Xbox One in 2016.