The updates and improvements to Rocket League
are nonstop. First there was Snow Day, then there was Hoops
, then there was cross-play
, then there was the big Neo Tokyo update
. At the conclusion of the Rocket League
Championship Series today in Hollywood, Psyonix revealed the next new game mode, Rumble, which will be part of a larger September update.
Rumble is your run-of-the-mill regular game of Rocket League
— aside from the 11 new battle-royale-style power-ups, of course. Each one has the power to help you or hinder your opponent. Psyonix is calling it "anarchy."
- The Boot (Kick's an opponent's car)
- Disruptor (Forces the opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and cars into a giant funnel cloud)
Before you ask more about this big September update they've hinted at, unfortunately Rumble is all we know about for now. Will there be a new stadium or new achievements, like Neo Tokyo
? Will there be new battle cars? Psyonix says we can expect "more details in the coming weeks."