A three-way collaboration has brought about We Sing Productions, a new developer which has confirmed that We Sing
will be released on Xbox One.We Sing
is set to build on the existing We Sing
karaoke franchise titles by raising the bar to support the use of eight microphones at once. The new game is also set to include 30 hot tracks, including classic karaoke hits from the likes of Abba, and more recent chart-toppers. The track list currently includes “Dancing Queen” by Abba and the late great David Bowie’s iconic classic “Let’s Dance”, alongside DNCE’s “Cake By The Ocean,” “Stitches” by Shawn Mendes, “Chandelier” by Sia, and “See You Again” by Wiz Khalifa feat. Charlie Puth, with more tracks to be confirmed by We Sing Productions in "the coming weeks".
The free companion smartphone app will allow players to use their phone as an additional mic and take full advantage of the eight mic support. We Sing
will showcase the music videos of the featured tracks and original artist recordings, as can be seen in the screenshots, below:
Alasdair Hibberd, Product Manager for We Sing
, has outlined the development team's intentions for the new title:
We’re delighted to bring We Sing to a new audience, building on the tenants that made the original series a resounding success.
Our new We Sing title has been built from the ground up, utilizing the Unreal 4 engine alongside the highest calibre of audio technologies, including the KaraEngine™ to deliver an immersive experience, for the next generation of gamers.
As well as being built on the powerful Unreal 4 engine and supporting up to eight microphones, We Sing
players can expect to benefit from the following key features when the game arrives:
Sing with friends or rock it solo to top the online leaderboards and become a starWe Sing
· Featuring six game modes, including We Sing mode to sing and score together, and Sing-Off mode to compete individually
· Sing along with your favourite artists or dive into a true karaoke experience with the original instrumental recordings
· Turn your console into a music channel and watch every song’s music video in Jukebox Mode
· Turn up the heat and show off your perfect pitch with We Sing’s three difficulty settings
· Create and save playlists of your favourite tracks for future and non-stop play
· Gameplay powered by the KaraEngine™ for ultra-accurate pitch detection
· Studio quality audio pipeline allows players to hear the music the way it was meant to sound
· Explore a dynamic 3D user interface with audio effects and choose the songs to sing from the dynamic carousel
· Anti-cheat and auto-lag detection systems
· English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese language support
is slated for release this Fall.