Blizzard Entertainment recently announced that a new map for Overwatch: Origins Edition
, called 'Eichenwalde' would be launching with the next patch and Season 2 of Competitive Play. The package was scheduled to arrive September 6th, five days later than the actual release date of the patch.
As already announced, the patch contains Eichenwalde, Competitive Play Season 2 and the usual bug fixes and tweaks.
If you want to know what changes are made to Competitive Play, look here
New Assault/Escort Map: Eichenwalde
The forest has slowly begun overtaking the abandoned village of Eichenwalde, but the scars will never completely fade. During the Omnic Crisis, Eichenwalde was the site of a key battle. General Balderich von Adler took a handful of crusaders to the village in an effort to outflank the omnic army. Balderich's soldiers were able to break down the enemy forces, giving the German military an opportunity to push back, but the Crusaders didn't make it out of the battle. General Balderich finally collapsed in the castle's great hall.
- When activating the "Ultimate Status" communication, Symmetra now reports the number of charges left on her teleporter
- When activating the "Needs healing" communication while targeting a teammate, Ana, Lúcio, Mercy, and Zenyatta will now tell allies to group up to receive healing. A marker will also appear above the player's head, allowing teammates to locate the healer more quickly
- Added Torbjörn as an AI-controlled hero in Practice vs. AI, Play vs. AI, and Custom Game modes
- Sit and laugh emotes are now unlockable for all heroes
- D.Va now has a legendary emote
- New Legendary skins have been added for Reinhardt
Hero Balance Updates
- Ultimates that consume the ultimate meter when activated will now drain the meter more quickly (.25 second instead of 1 second)
- Reverted a recent change that reduced the size of heroes' projectiles
- Most hero abilities will no longer interrupt quick melee attacks
- Ultimate abilities will now interrupt quick melee attacks
Developer Comments: Altering the size of projectiles in flight had too many unintended side effects to keep in the game, at least in its current form. We will continue watching this and make additional changes if necessary. We’re also making quick melee more consistent when interacting with enemy abilities.
- Defense Matrix will begin regenerating following a 1-second delay after deactivation (was .5 seconds)
- Developer Comments: Defense Matrix was too efficient when tapped repeatedly, instead of being held. Now, the recovery delay matches the ability cooldown.
- Hanzo will now experience a 30% decrease in speed while aiming (formerly 40%)
- Maximum projectile speed has been increased by 30%
- Arrow size has been reduced by 33%
- Developer Comments: Hanzo has the potential to deal a lot of damage, but he can feel really inconsistent, even at a medium distance. By increasing the projectile speed, we’re extending his reliable range, making it easier to land shots without having to perfectly predict enemy movement. To compensate for the increased projectile speed, we’ve decreased the size of his arrows, meaning his shots now require a bit more accuracy.
- Double jump no longer resets when wall climbing
- Swift Strike no longer deals damage to traps like Widowmaker's Venom Mine or Junkrat's Steel Trap
- Swift Strike no longer bypasses Junkrat's Steel Trap
- Swift Strike no longer interrupts quick melee attacks
- Duration of Genji's ultimate has been reduced from 8 seconds to 6 seconds
- Developer Comments: Genji was a little too difficult to pin down, and these changes will balance his speed. Swift Strike no longer cancels the recovery time from a quick melee attack, so players will no longer be able to get a free melee attack before using Swift Strike. Lastly, Dragonblade's duration was long enough that it often felt too difficult to reasonably counter.
- Amp It Up movement speed boost has been decreased by 30% (from a 100% increase to a 70% increase)
- Developer Comments: Thanks to Lúcio's speed increase, he was almost a must pick in every lineup.
- Deadeye now drains over a .25-second period (instead of displaying a 50% reduction on the ultimate meter when activated and 0% when confirmed)
- Developer Comments: If players managed to counter or avoid McCree's ultimate, it would often regenerate very quickly since only half of the ultimate charge was spent. Now, this ultimate works like every other ultimate that has a duration.
- Blizzard projectile now pierces barriers
- Blizzard radius increased from 8 to 10 meters
- Developer Comments: Mei has an interesting toolkit, but her ultimate often felt like it was too difficult to use effectively. Consequently, it felt weak compared to many other ultimate abilities. The freeze effect has been piercing barriers for some time now, but the projectile would still be blocked. Now, you can throw it down exactly where you want it, so it’s much easier to utilize the full radius effectively.
- Healing per second is increased by 20%
- Resurrected allies are able to move after 2.25 seconds (was 3 seconds)
- Developer Comments: Resurrection now allows teammates to jump back into the fight more quickly, which should help Mercy survive after activating her ultimate. Mercy's healing is also getting a boost to solidify her role as a strong, single-target healer.
- Hooked targets which are not in Roadhog's line of sight when retracting the hook will be moved back to their original position
- Developer Comments: This change means that hooked targets will be less likely to slide along walls, potentially ending up in an odd place after they've been reeled in.
- Bullet spread occurs more quickly when firing fully automatic
- Bullet spread recovery time is significantly increased
- Developer Comments: These changes will make burst-firing feel more reliable and increase his effectiveness at longer ranges.
- Damage bonus from Orb of Discord has been reduced from 50% to 30%
- Orb of Destruction damage has been increased from 40 to 46
- Developer Comments: Zenyatta is in a far better place since the last update, but the strength of Orb of Discord has turned him into an almost mandatory pick. These changes reduce Orb of Discord's effectiveness, but his damage-dealing potential has been increased. The amount of damage that he delivers should feel largely unaffected by the change.
Map Balance Update
- The first checkpoint on Watchpoint: Gibraltar has been removed
- Developer Comments: The balance changes that were implemented in previous patches have eliminated the need for Watchpoint: Gibraltar to have an extra checkpoint.
User Interface Updates
- New 'Allied Health Bars' option has been added
- Ability to report or group up with other players on the hero select screen added
- Competitive matchmaking UI is now purple
- Several minor adjustments to typography made in the Spectator UI
- Fixed a bug causing the kill participation metric to go above 100 percent
- Fixed a bug in the Custom Game settings preventing the Ability Cooldown modifier from affecting Ana
- Fixed a bug causing players to erroneously gain experience points in custom games
- Fixed a bug causing heroes to die when first spawned in a custom game when both Health and Damage modifiers were applied
- Fixed a bug causing AI Bastion to continously heal himself in the spawn area
- Fixed a bug causing AI Torbjörn from placing his turret in viable locations
- Correct sound effects now apply when Ana shoots shields, barriers and armor
- Ana's scope now correctly shows all reticules
- Ana's attacks and abilities now cause the controller to properly vibrate
- Bullet shells now render properly in Bastion's 'Bullet Rain'highlight intro
- D.Va no longer communicates her Self-Destruct ultimate status when out of her mech
- D.Va's Boosters are no longer auto-cancelled when they are activated while firing
- D.Va's ultimate charge is no longer reset to 0% when she falls to her death while in her mech
- Hanzo's 'Spirit Dragon' voice line now plays properly when using his 'Okami' or 'Lone Wolf' skins
- Fixed various issues with Junkrat's emotes and highlight intro's
- Fixed a bug that kept Junkrat's ammo from being refilled when resurrected
- McCree's alternate fire now causes the controller to vibrate for all six shots
- Fixed an issue where Mei's Ice Wall would push her aside when casted at her feet
- Fixed a bug that prevented Mei's Ice Wall from being destroyed by a moving payload
- Fixed a bug causing Mei's Ice Wall from appearing at it's casted location
- Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
- Fixed a bug causing Reinhardt's Barrier Field to jitter when turning in third person
- Fixed an issue that prevented Roadhog's chain to display correctly in some situations
- Fixed a bug causing Roadhog's chain to become permanently extended when his intended target disconnected from the match
- Fixed several issues with Symmetra's emotes and highlight intro's
- The scarf on Tracer's 'Slipstream' skin isn't stiff anymore in the Hurdle highlight intro
- The names of Tracer's 'Sprinter' and 'Track and Field' skins are now displayed correctly
- Fixed a bug preventing overtime from being triggered by a Transcendent Zenyatta
- Fixed an issue preventing Genji and Hanzo from reliably climbing a specific crate on Watchpoint: Gibraltar
- Fixed several issues allowing Reaper to reach unintended locations on Watchpoint: Gibraltar
- The leaver message in Competitive Play no longer overlaps the PvP HUD
- Fixed a bug causing the end of season banner to pop up mid-match
- Fixed a bug causing the hero list in custom games to not arrange alphabetically
- The spectate option will become unavailable when all spectator slots have been filled in a Custom Game lobby
- Fixed a bug preventing the Network Quality notifications from functioning
- Fixed a bug causing the Hollywood background to be brighter than intended at the main menu
- Fixed a bug in the Hero Details screen causing some information to be pushed off-screen
- Fixed a bug causing the Button Legend from repositioning when the display margin has been altered
The patch will have been automatically installed on your Xbox One, so there's no need to update the game again.