Earlier this year, we ran the first Ultimate Head to Head Contest
, and it's fair to say that it was the most popular contest we've ever run on site.
If you didn't take part, UHH1
was a Knock Out contest that paired gamers against each other based on their locked achievements in games they'd played, and chose a random list of 20 achievements that neither had unlocked. They then had a week to earn as many of the achievements on the list as possible, and the one that earned the most during the period went through to the next round.
Players loved the contest as it got them playing games they've forgotten about, introduced them to our members with similar gaming tastes, and also gave them a nice mixture of easy and challenging achievements to go for (check this quarter-final match-up
for a good example of a list).
The only complaint that some people had was that the contest was over too quickly for them.
We are therefore delighted to announce the Ultimate Head to Head Contest 2
, which addresses that complaint with the addition of a Group Stage
Ultimate Head To Head Contest 2
The complete rules can be found here
The new contest is generally the same as the original, but there will be no eliminations during the first 3 periods. Instead, you will receive points as follows:
- 1 point for each achievement win
- 10 points for each contest win
At the end of the third period we will add up all the points and the top 512 gamers will go through to the knock out stage, where we revert back to the winner of each round going through and the loser being eliminated.
To try to ensure good matchups, the entry requirements are:
- At least 2,500 locked achievements in valid games
- Those achievements must be across at least 50 different valid games
- Valid achievements come from the base game or Title Updates
- Valid achievements are obtainable and not discontinued
- Valid games are any games on Xbox 360 (including XBLA) or Xbox One
- Valid games must have at least 1,000 played gamers
- Valid games are set to Owned or Games With Gold in your Game Collection
- Gamers must also have full tracking status and have a minimum of 5,000 GamerScore
You can see how you many valid achievements and games you have on the UHH 2 Registration Page
You can also choose here whether to include games from your Game Collection
that you own but have not yet started.
Given the amount of fun people had last time, this really is a case of being the taking part that counts. But being the generous chaps we are, we've thrown in some prizes too:
- Last 4 - 6 months of TrueAchievements Pro and Bronze medal in community event panel on their homepage
- Runner up - 1 year of TrueAchievements Pro and Silver medal in community event panel on their homepage
- Winner - 2 years of TrueAchievements Pro, Gold medal in community event panel on their homepage, and a TrueAchievements T-Shirt from the next batch of official merchandise that is produced
|Today||Registration opens - click here to register|
|23 Sep 2016||Registration closes, matchup algorithm runs|
|26 Sep 2016||Group stage Round 1 matchups announced|
|3 Oct 2016||Group stage Round 2 matchups announced|
|10 Oct 2016||Group stage Round 3 matchups announced|
|17 Oct 2016||Top 512 go through to knockouts|
|24 Oct 2016||Top 256|
|31 Oct 2016||Top 128|
|7 Nov 2016||Top 64|
|14 Nov 2016||Top 32|
|21 Nov 2016||Top 16|
|28 Nov 2016||Top 8|
|5 Dec 2016||Top 4|
|12 Dec 2016||Final|
|19 Dec 2016||Winner crowned|
If you have any questions, please post them here
Good luck to everyone that enters!