Even though Assetto Corsa
only released a few weeks ago, the development team at Kunos have not rested. Anyone familiar with Kunos Simulazioni's operations on the PC will know how closely the team works with the community and how quickly they respond. Happily Kunos are treating the Xbox One version equally as diligently and have announced that they are already working on a patch in response to the community feedback.
The patch is promised for later this month and will include an important addition to the game's AI with the introduction of two new difficulty settings, Very Easy and Very Hard, (Alien will remain the game's highest level). This should help with the accessibility and learning curve that we covered in our review
. Graphics will also be improved and some additional features will be introduced. Kunos have published the following the list but are keen to stress that these are only some of the updates that will be included, although the AI tweaks and graphics improvements will probably be the most welcome.
- Framerate will be smoother and screen tearing issues have been resolved.
- Players will be able to select their starting position in the race options screen.
- On launching Assetto Corsa, the game will recognise the device you are using, when selecting the ‘X’ (PlayStation 4) or ‘A’ (Xbox One) button in the start screen.
- Thrustmaster T80, T100 and TH8 shifter functionality has been improved.
- A new option which allows the player to set the visual steering lock to any degree is coming.
- 2 additional difficulty levels – 'Very Easy' and 'Very Hard'.
- AI strengths have been re-balanced, in response to community feedback.
The exact date for the patch release is unknown although Kunos have stated that it will be later this month.