we heard from The Coalition about Gears of War 4
, they left us hanging on revealing the final three Seriously 4.0 achievement requirements. These last three requirements, which are Horde mode-related, have been announced, alongside some more information about the popular wave-based game type.
This is what you'll have to do to bag the fourth iteration of "Seriously":
- Complete the Campaign on Insane Difficulty
- Get to Re-Up 10
- Earn all Ribbons at least once
- Earn a Rank Placement in each mode
- Get all 5 classes to Level 10
- Level any 5 Horde Skills to Level 5
- Complete all 10 ‘on-disc’ maps from Wave 1-50 (any difficulty)
They've also given some more detailed information about some of the things we were already familiar with from the Horde introduction video
, such as the classes, fortifications and how progression will work in Horde mode.
There are five classes: Heavy, Scout, Sniper, Engineer and Soldier. You can read the basics of each below, or check out The Coalition's blog post
for detailed descriptions:
- Starting Weapons: Enforcer, Gnasher, Snub
- Passive Ability: Start with free Repair Tool
- Starting Weapons: Retro Lancer, Boomshot, Boltok
- Passive Ability: Start with free Boomshot
- Starting Weapons: Retro Lancer, Gnasher, Snub
- Passive Ability: Double Energy pickups during combat
- Starting Weapons: Markza Mk. 1, Longshot, Snub
- Passive Ability: Start with two marksman weapons
- Starting Weapons: Lancer, Gnasher, Snub
- Passive Ability: Start with Frag Grenades
The following fortifications will return along with a few new ones. Remember, this time around you can place fortifications anywhere, thanks to your handy 3D printer called the "Fabricator":
- MG Sentry
- Shock Sentry
- Weapons Locker: Weapons Lockers allow you to store weaponry from round to round, and will slowly refill the weapon’s ammo reserves. Smart teams will put rare high damage weapons into these Lockers to use whenever things get hairy. Later variations add more slots per Weapons Locker to be utilized.
- Repair Tool: A replacement for the Pistol that allows the player to repair fortifications and restock fortification ammo at an Energy Cost. The Engineer gets this for free and can take Skills to make repairing more effective, but any player can purchase the Repair Tool should they choose.
Last but not least, your Horde progression will be defined by two categories: class levels and skill levels. Each of the five classes can be leveled up to rank 10. As you level up your class, you'll earn more skill slots, of which you can equip up to a maximum of five at once. There is also skill progression. Each skill can be leveled up to five times. New skills can be unlocked by using skill cards. Skill cards can be unlocked through natural play or purchased with money. The Coalition also confirmed that, like Gears of War 3
, all of the experience you earn in Horde will be added to your overall Gears of War 4
ranking, which you're going to need, thanks to the Re-Up 10 requirement for Seriously 4.0.Gears of War 4
releases on Xbox One and Windows 10 on October 11th as part of the Play Anywhere program, with early access options for certain special editions and consoles.