Konami have released new screenshots for their upcoming XBLA title Hard Corps: Uprising
. The game is a prequel to Contra: Hard Corps
and is the first Contra game that will not carry the name of the franchise. Players take on the role of Bahamut in this 2D side-scrolling shooter, who is the main protagonist in Contra: Hard Corps
. It is the year 2613, and the world is now ruled by an oppressive Commonwealth power reigned by Tiberius. Together with a band of other elite soldiers, Bahamut forms a Resistance Force to fight against the oppression.
Here are some of the game's features:
• Exciting run-and-gun gameplay with beautifully rendered 2.5D graphics from Arc System Works
• Arcade mode features 2D run-and-gun gameplay that stays true to the genre’s hardcore roots
• All new RISING mode allows players to train and level their soldier and purchase power-up items
• Classic and all-new boss battles to challenge and thrill
• Co-operate with gamers all over the world in Online Co-Op mode and compete via online leaderboards
• Add-on content includes characters (three additional characters), wallpapers, gamertag pictures and avatar outfits
Now for the screenshots. In stage 4, "Bahamut fights off choppers and flame-throwing robotic enemies as he races through the City stage on a hoverboard":
In stage 5, "Bahamut and Krystal partner in some intense co-op action as they navigate through a fiery smelting factory and engage in a challenging boss battle":
And here's another token screenshot for you:
The game is due on XBLA in winter 2010, so that gives them two more weeks to release it. A price is yet to be confirmed.