Developer Mind's Eye Games have announced a new fast-paced action title, Blast Brawl 2: Bloody Boogaloo, which will be coming very soon to the Xbox Game Preview Program.
Earth's greatest warriors have been sucked up through a mysterious portal that has suddenly appeared. These skilled fighters have all been transported to another dimension and must now fight for their lives. Kill or be killed is the aim of the game but staying alive is going to be seriously challenging as the combat is pretty damn fast. With brutal enemies coming at you much quicker than you'd like, it only takes a split-second for your precious fighter to be a goner. You won't be fighting alone though, as you can fight it out in eight player matches or team up with others to defeat endless hordes of enemies in Wave Mode.
To help deliver an all-round experience, the game's soundtrack will feature sounds similar to the "new/old keyboard-driven sound popularized by the movie Drive". The soundtrack features over 40 synthwave artists including the likes of Kalax, Flash Arnold, Dynatron, Protector 101, and more. Shuffle through the songs with ease thanks to the in-game radio and set the right tone for you to carry out your killing.
Seven characters will be available to choose from, each with their own unique abilities and play styles:
Which character do you think will fit your fighting style best? Whoever you choose, you'll need to put the practice in to become a master as you defend yourself from zombies, demons, fire-shooting floating skulls, laser-shooting robots, and plenty more deadly enemies.
- A swift Ninja who can vanish in an instant
- A precise Sniper who can pick targets off at range and plant mines
- A tanky Vanguard equipped with a shield that blocks attacks and can create shock waves
- A trickster Pirate who can wreak havoc on an enemy’s movements and fly across the battlefield with his trusty parrot
- A rocking Viking who repels enemies with guitar riffs and leaps into combat by flipping wildly with his axe
- A bold Warrior with an electrified sword and broad swings
- A cunning Brawler with rapid strikes and equipped with a shotgun as an alternative
Here's a quick round-up of the key features in the game:
The variety of screens released showcase some of the different levels, enemies and characters that will be included in the game:
- Varied character roster -- each with unique fighting styles and tactics.
- Fast-paced combat featuring one-hit kills and no health bars whatsoever.
- Battle with or against your friends!
- Fight against deadly hordes of enemies in Wave Mode.
- Huge library of over 20 hours of incredible music from more than 40 artists.
The gameplay trailer showcases how brutal the game looks to be. Characters are indeed taken out in one hit, as they try to be quick and tactical against a variety of different enemies:
Blast Brawl 2: Bloody Boogaloo will be available via the Xbox Game Preview Program on October 26th.
We've got the full list of Blast Brawl 2: Bloody Boogaloo achievements - check the list for guides to unlocking them.
Get the biggest Xbox news delivered straight to your inbox every week.