Ubisoft detailed a set of fixes that will be coming to Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
in the near future. Most notable among these fixes is the one which addresses the "animus bug", a glitch which causes Desmond to be permanently stuck in the present, thus preventing players from returning to Roma to further Ezio's story.
A full list of fixes is detailed below:
* Sometimes players may remain stuck during matchmaking (game never starts)
* In extremely rare occasions, a crash may occur if another player of the same session quits while another player is loading the map at the exact same time
* When joining a session In Manhunt, in the chased team, you may have a sound present during the entire session
* The player may remain stuck in the present optional (2012), in a spawning loop in Monterigioni, while interacting with the Animus (Animus Bug)
* Using fast travel towards Northern Campagna may result in Ezio getting continuously desynchronized
* On rare occasion, if the player changes their outfit at the completion of a mission, they will respawn in the same world, being stuck, without any possibility of returning to Rome
No specifics as to the release date for this patch are yet available, but Ubisoft promises that it will arrive "very soon".