Developer Studio Wildcard adds a lot
of content to ARK: Survival Evolved
. For a game that isn't even out of Game Preview yet, there has already been a ton of updates, paid DLC
, planned futuristic content
and more. But there is one update that users of this site will be particularly excited about — the addition of achievements, which will be instated later this month.
I wasn't going to eat you, I was just going to let you know that ARK has achievements now
Alongside the achievements, the December patch will come with new procedurally generated ARKs and offer a performance increase, as well as play a bit of catch-up to the PC version:
- Procedurally Generated ARK's!!!!
- Full set of new Xbox Achievements & rewards!
- All content up thru PC v252.0
- Performance increase of approximately 7% due to use of new PhysX libraries
Achievement unlocked: Brontosaurus stepped on your base
There will also be a reset of the Extinction servers. Studio Wildcard cites the reason that they'd like "to ensure that things are kept fresh as each cycle will be played on a completely new map, with infinite possibilities."
- All Xbox Extinction Servers will be taken offline and relaunched as fresh Extinction Server servers using our new procedurally generated map system, with each server using a unique PGM configuration.
- At the end of an Extinction Server’s lifecycle, upon restart, a totally unique random procedural map will be generated and another fresh experience will be created for players.
The developer has identified both December 13th and December 14th as possible ETAs for the patch. Either way, we're a couple of weeks out from it and will know more in the coming days. Although no detailed information has been provided about the achievements yet, it might be a good idea to take a gander at the Steam set of achievements
as a possibility.