, System Era Softworks' space exploration game, is receiving an update that has already begun to roll out. The patch mainly focuses on stability and bug fixes as well as bringing the Xbox One and Windows 10 Play Anywhere version more in line with the Steam version. The title is still in pre-alpha, so this is just one of the many patches we can expect to see over the coming months.
The detailed notes for Patch 0.2.10117.0, or Patch 117 for short, are as follows:
Xbox/UWP gets all fixes from Steam 111 and 115. Recapping (minus Steam only issues):
- Xbox & UWP: 0.2.10117.0.
- Steam: 0.2.117.0.
New in 117:
- Allow the 2 expansion slots on backpack to use Filters, Tanks, and Tethers
- Fix exploit allowing player to trade for infinite resources by thieving the item like a pirate while launching
- Fix bug that would not allow a full oxygen tank to save an Astroneer from suffocating
- Cut value of Fuel in half on Trade module
- Double power requirement and production time of Condenser
- Fix known physics problems when attaching things to large storage on truck
- Fix bug allowing player to make building platforms after a conduit hub has already been branched.
- Change the Shuttle/Spaceship conduit hub type to the same as the habitat
- Allow Shuttle/Spaceship to reattach to previously created hubs
- Fix algorithm that picks the height of new base platforms, so that flat terrain makes flat bases
- Fix issue where resources hover out of backpack on loading save
- Fix Popper hazards spawning new research items on save load
- Fix for client Condenser exploit that would allow player to take unfilled fuel canister.
- Fix for research item exploit where player could save game after getting item, and reload.
- Fix for clients not seeing correct light and oxygen state on tethers.
- Fix for clients being unable to hear anything in SFX category of sounds.
- Don't allow player to enter vehicles while interacting/holding anything else
- Fix four major crashes including one that could prevent saves from loading, and one that could occur on MP join.
- Fix issue where some unburied discoveries would not simulate physics after reloading a save.
- Fix very bad performance when training together many rovers or trucks.
- Fix trade module save behavior. All existing lost trade ships in save games should return to earth (possibly after doing the wrong trade, but all new saves will work properly)
- Bring in physics freeze distance by a bit, reducing incidence of cases where objects fall through ground. (More improvements incoming).
The patch officially released yesterday, though the development team warns it could take up to 48 hours to receive the patch for some players. Astroneer
officially launched into the Game Preview program on December 16th, where it will be tested and continue to receive updates until its official launch down the road, which System Era estimates to be "a year or two" from its entry into the program.