At the start of this month, we put up a notice asking for more Newshounds and this is your friendly reminder to put in your application before it's too late
If you have any questions about applying for the team, either post them in the thread below or send me a private message through the link in the next paragraph. We will provide all training so no previous news experience is required — all we want is a passion for writing, enthusiasm and the ability to work as part of a team.
If you are interested in helping us to provide the news coverage that this site deserves, here is a quick reminder of the questions if you want to apply to join our team. Any applications can be sent to me, punkyliar
, here on TA via PM
. The deadline for applications has been extended and is now Monday, April 24th
1) What is your name, age, location and timezone?
2) How much time could you give per day and what times would you generally be available?
3) Why do you want to be a newshound? What contributions would you bring to the team?
4) Are there particular genres/gaming topics you favor? All newshounds are expected to cover everything, but what would be your comfort zone?
5) Is there anything that the team doesn't currently cover that you'd like to see? How could you help to cover this area?
6) Have you written news previously? If so, where? Please submit examples if this applies to you.
7) Have you been on TA/TT/TSA site staff before? If so, please tell us a little bit about your experience.
8) Where would you go to find news? What sources would you consider?
9) What improvements / changes do you think we can make to our news coverage?
10) Please let us know anything else about you that makes you stand apart from the crowd! While we're looking for staff to manage news now, we expect all our staff to be able to handle our other responsibilities, so what special skills or knowledge do you bring to the table?
Finally, and perhaps most importantly (so it's bolded for you), please write a sample news story using the format that we use here at TA. In addition, include how you went about finding the story and checking its authenticity. Please don't submit a sales article or content roundup; aside from those you can write about any subject, but the newer the news, the better. Don't feel that you have to limit yourself to Xbox news for the sample article.
For those who also wish to join the editorials team: