Accompanying this week's physical release of the Amonkhet expansion for Magic: The Gathering
is an update to Magic Duels
that will add the new cards, fix known issues and more. As can be seen from the artwork, the set is inspired by ancient Egypt and is said to draw connections to the planeswalker Nicol Bolas.
There is no shortage of new cards to collect:
Some issues have also been addressed in the patch, some across all platforms and some specific to Xbox One:
- Fixed an issue where players would be able to play with an invalid number of a single card in their deck.
- Fixed an issue against the AI where the "Finish" button would not be selectable after casting some spells.
- Fixed a softlock that occurred when a player manually tapped certain lands for mana, then zoomed in and out on a card before making a selection of which color of mana to add.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented a player from leaving a match when an opponent conceded when a vehicle prompted a player to choose a vehicle's crew targets.
- Fixed an issue where some lands would disappear from the card collection after being removed from a deck list.
- Fixed an issue where Altered Ego would enter the battlefield with the incorrect number of +1/+1 counters if it targeted a creature with +1/+1 counters on it.
- Fixed an issue where a player targeted by Combustible Gearhulk's ability would not have a visible decision timer.
- Fixed an issue where it appeared that Ormendahl, Profane Prince was tapped after transforming from Westvale Abbey.
- Fixed an issue where Nissa's Judgment dealt damage before the +1/+1 counters were placed on creatures.
- Fixed an issue where a token copy of Greenwarden of Murasa could be exiled to return a card a card to a player's hand.
- Fixed an issue where spells redirected from Silverfur Partisan to another Wolf/Werewolf failed to cause the Partisan's ability to trigger again.
- Fixed an issue where some cards that have flying or grant flying didn't appear in the "Flying" filter of the deck builder.
- Fixed an issue when editing an invalid deck that would bring the player to the wrong deckbuilding screen.
- Fixed an issue in the single-player campaign where Tezzeret would sometimes sacrifice his Planar Bridge to destroy Gideon Jura. That's excessive, even for him.
- Fixed a crashing issue on Xbox One in Two-Headed Giant where a team of invited players played against two random opponents.
- Fixed an issue on Xbox One in Two-Headed Giant where two players looking for a match would become disconnected.
- Fixed an issue on Xbox One in Two-Headed Giant where a player invited to a game could crash when the host invited other players.
If you'd prefer to get the quick version of the patch, the developers have given a rundown along with their insights in the below video:
The update is now live for Magic Duels