series has had a rough few years. The games have been pretty well-received, garnering comparisons to Zelda
with some even calling them the better games. But thanks to the original publisher going bankrupt, the series has been in limbo for far too long. Fans could only hope that little things like Darksiders
hitting Games With Gold and the two games getting next gen ports would herald the third game. As it turns out, they did. Darksiders III
is coming. It'll feature a new horseman, Fury, as she fights the seven deadly sins. With that premise, it's hard to imagine this not being a success. You can check her out in the first trailer and screens below.
The game was originally leaked by Amazon and has since been officially announced by IGN
. It will have the following features:
- Play as FURY - a mage who must rely on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth!
- Harness FURY's magic to unleash her various forms - each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities
- Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which FURY moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story
- Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings
- Darksiders signature art style - expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature
If this news has you interested in the series, there's no better time to get into Darksiders
than now as it's May's game of the month in the TA Playlist. Head over to the TA Playlist Hub
for more details. Darksiders 3
is coming sometime in 2018 for Xbox One.
In celebration of the announcement, THQ Nordic has released "Darksiders Fury's Collection - War and Death
" — a new bundle containing Darksiders Warmastered Edition
and Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition
. The bundle is currently available with a 50% discount for a "limited time" here
We don't have them yet, but we'll publish a story as soon as we pick up the Darksiders III achievements.